Nail Extension Systems - which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivone

Reaction score
Ok, so now is the time to start thinking about refreshing or re-training in Nail Extensions as I find this is my area that I lack confidence in.

I trained at college in the LCN system and although not a cheap system I'm still not sure if they are the right products. I got a couple of clients complain and it made me feel so bad and consequently gave up :cry:

What system(s) would you recommend me trying. I'm trained in Gel but I'd also like to learn Acrylic too.

Both Gel and liquid and powder are both very popular, so it maybe a good idea to have both of these:)

Why not train in all lol, that way you can be a full service Technician and nothing will phase you .....
Each system can provide somethig for a client that another one can't......

I tried a few brands, but I 'love' Creative ...for me personally I found their Training amazing, really enjoyable & continued support from my trainer if & when I needed it :) I trained in both Gel and Liquid & Powder (which I do most of) ....highly recommend you give them a go x

Ok, so now is the time to start thinking about refreshing or re-training in Nail Extensions as I find this is my area that I lack confidence in.

I trained at college in the LCN system and although not a cheap system I'm still not sure if they are the right products. I got a couple of clients complain and it made me feel so bad and consequently gave up :cry:

What system(s) would you recommend me trying. I'm trained in Gel but I'd also like to learn Acrylic too.

You have to get used to clients' complaints if you are going to survive in the nail business. It's just part of what they do!!! They can't help themselves. Nail clients just refuse to take responsibility for the damage they do to their enhancements. :lol: It doesn't necessarily mean your product isn't good, and it doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't doing your job correctly either. If you know you do a good job and that the product you are using is of a good quality then don't let it sap your confidence like you are doing.

However, having said all that, it is a great idea to do some retraining and to do it with Liquid and powder. EVERY technician should know how to use L&P. Whether you are a gel lover or not, you have to accept that L&P is the most asked for service in nail salons so it is daft not to know how to use it.

Get the best training you can with an educator who will inspire you to work well with L&P and do it with the best products which always work easier and give longer lasting results than poor ones.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I do want to do both L&P as well as retrain in Gel, as I know most people want L&P but some prefer Gel so I want to be able to offer the whole package.
Is Creative CND that I see alot of people on here talking about or say they are qualified in??
Is there a website? I'll try and google it in a minute...

When I do waxing and a client complains about something or nothing I'm usually able to say it 'could be due to their skin type' or 'due to their hormone level at the time' etc and it doesn't faze me, but because a good set of nails is purely the nail tech's responsiblity I take things far too muchto the heart when clients complained about my extensions.

I think retraining in gel will provide me with a new confidence of how to do things and if there is continued support from the trainer then there is always someone to go back to if you have a problem.

Any more suggestions will be appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments everyone.

I do want to do both L&P as well as retrain in Gel, as I know most people want L&P but some prefer Gel so I want to be able to offer the whole package.
Is Creative CND that I see alot of people on here talking about or say they are qualified in??
Is there a website? I'll try and google it in a minute...

When I do waxing and a client complains about something or nothing I'm usually able to say it 'could be due to their skin type' or 'due to their hormone level at the time' etc and it doesn't faze me, but because a good set of nails is purely the nail tech's responsiblity I take things far too muchto the heart when clients complained about my extensions.

I think retraining in gel will provide me with a new confidence of how to do things and if there is continued support from the trainer then there is always someone to go back to if you have a problem.

Any more suggestions will be appreciated :)

Yup CND stands for Creative Nail Design. You can always check out Sweet Squared and click on the Creative Nail Academy area. That will give you more info! :idea:

Yup CND stands for Creative Nail Design. You can always check out Sweet Squared and click on the Creative Nail Academy area. That will give you more info! :idea:

I have done thanks, Ive requested some more information. Thanks again xxx

Im a creative girl. Their L&P products are fab and Brisa gel is very versatile as its good for nno and tips too. You get lots of customer support too during and after training x

Latest posts

Back