Nail extensions on pregnant lady

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
Hello

Just calling on my fellow geeks for a little advise.

I have a new client who came to me last week for a full set of extensions. I am using a new acrylics system on new clients but so far have had fabulous results. However this new client came in today and all her nails are off. I can see trauma to the little fingernail but the rest are very shiny and healthy in appearance, she even brought me a couple of the nails which fell off and they look just like full nails you stick on. They look like they really have just fallen off!

How can this possibly be? She then told me that she found out she is 5 weeks pregnant and has just got engaged. I of course congratulated her. She does not want enhancements again as she is worried the fumes would harm her baby (even though i reassured her they wouldn't) but she is coming in tomorrow for a manicure and shellac instead. I have been thinking non stop about this since she came in but now i am wondering if her pregnancy may have caused the nails to come off?

Any feedback from experienced techs would be much appreciated. I am new to this system and have not had any formal training, just some fabulous guidance from a well known legend on sg, so there is a possibility that I have done something wrong though everyone else has had nothing but praise from my new products.

Thanks in advance x

I had enhancements on during my entire pregnancy with no issues and so have some of my clients. However, everyone's body responds differently to the hormone fluctuations. I may well be that her pregnancy had caused this, and you may find once she's past the first trimester her nails will be fine again. I would ask if she's ever had any issues with enhancements before seeing you. I wouldn't think it's down to you or your new products as she's the only one you're having issue with.

not much help sorry....someone else might have more info for you

I had enhancements on during my entire pregnancy with no issues and so have some of my clients. However, everyone's body responds differently to the hormone fluctuations. I may well be that her pregnancy had caused this, and you may find once she's past the first trimester her nails will be fine again. I would ask if she's ever had any issues with enhancements before seeing you. I wouldn't think it's down to you or your new products as she's the only one you're having issue with.

not much help sorry....someone else might have more info for you

I appreciate your reply, thank you! She has not worn extensions for a while and in the past had MMA enhancements - she was telling me the horror of her nails once she had them removed.

I had a friend who came to me early in her pregnancy and let me practice on her for training. I did a full set of Gel Enhancements and she had not one bit of lifting.....until the last 8 weeks of her pregnancy, she couldn't keep a nail on two days let alone two weeks. She ended up sick for the last month so didn't come back till after bub was born, and still the same issue so we swapped to L&P and woo hoo no issues again :).

Latest posts

Back