Nail geek, 3D bows and infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I'm recently qualified in the nail business I have been putting the 3d bows on my clients with nail glue and they are holding any suggestions on how to remove them when it comes to a refill of how to remove them without having to soak the full nail off please help xxxxxxx

Hi I'm recently qualified in the nail business I have been putting the 3d bows on my clients with nail glue and they are holding any suggestions on how to remove them when it comes to a refill of how to remove them without having to soak the full nail off please help xxxxxxx

I put on with a tiny bead of acrylic then use nail pliers to it off and file the acrylic down when Infilling!

I put on with a tiny bead of acrylic then use nail pliers to it off and file the acrylic down when Infilling!

Is there a poss-ability that this could be uncomfortable for the client!:Scared:
Can someone show a video tutorial of this :Love:

Is there a poss-ability that this could be uncomfortable for the client!:Scared:
Can someone show a video tutorial of this :Love:

My nail lady always did it in me and it wasn't uncomfortable to be honest! Just don't use much acrylic to set the bow when you apply it and glaze the bow with gel topcoat for added strength after you finish! That way it will stay put!

Thanks but I don't want to seem unprofessional and pulling at the nail will do so I think I'm just gonna stay clear off the bows lol

Hi sorry to jump in on your thread but I applied nailzila nail bows to a set of gel polish on friday using refine nail glue. (must add first time I've ever used bows) I put an extra coat of gel top coat on and the lady showed me last night that the bows had come off. She got a shower but I'm presuming that it shouldn't have come off like that. Also it was like the bows had been pulled straight off as there is a patch of missing colour where the bows were. Can you offer any advice please x

In my experience nail glue had never held any 3d item on. I would use a bead of l&p or gel. I get nippers and give them a squeeze and they just pop off no unprofessionalism there. Hope I helped.

Hi Rachelboutique
Thanks for your reply so on a gel polish when you say a blob of acrylic or gel I presume you mean hard gel( or the type you can do extensions with) and not a blob of gel top coat.

Thanks but I don't want to seem unprofessional and pulling at the nail will do so I think I'm just gonna stay clear off the bows lol

Ok hun, maybe! I think most nail techs do it that way tbh- it won't seem unprofessional - as previous poster says- you just nip it and it pops off usually?!

I have acrylics on at the moment with shellac and Swarovski crystals, how would you remove the crystals as I can't soak them off without it affecting my enhancements? x

I have acrylics on at the moment with shellac and Swarovski crystals, how would you remove the crystals as I can't soak them off without it affecting my enhancements? x

Use your nippers hun gently put pressure either side and it should pop off. If you do it carefully enough then you can put them in a bit of acetone, clean them off and you can re use them again! Xx

Use your nippers hun gently put pressure either side and it should pop off. If you do it carefully enough then you can put them in a bit of acetone, clean them off and you can re use them again! Xx

I will give it a go, thanks :) x

Hi Rachelboutique
Thanks for your reply so on a gel polish when you say a blob of acrylic or gel I presume you mean hard gel( or the type you can do extensions with) and not a blob of gel top coat.

Yes hard gel :) with gel you have all the time to position and move around once your happy then cure, whereas acrylic your time is limited. x

Rachelboutique
I only use acrylic so would a bead of acrylic attach to a gel polish top coat for me to then attach a bow to ?

Rachelboutique
I only use acrylic so would a bead of acrylic attach to a gel polish top coat for me to then attach a bow to ?

Yes ,
But you could also just make the bow with your L&P straight onto the nail.

<3 love is like the magic penny .

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Hi Rachelboutique
I wouldn't know where to start x

I use resin for bows and gems.. Works great for me ! Even my hairdresser girls who like chunky 3d add ons keep them on even though their fingers are in hair all day ! And for smaller gems I usually use my electric file to take them off and nippers like others have said for bigger items :Love:

If you use l&p to attach bows and gems would you have to fill a little patch or just straight on to finished shellac polish ect ?

Hey I use 3d bows and just use cuticle clippers to get them off
Hope this helps xxx

If you use l&p to attach bows and gems would you have to fill a little patch or just straight on to finished shellac polish ect ?

How do you mean? Fill a little patch?

Latest posts

Back