Nail-ology ... 1 year old on 1st June ... ideas needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
hey all

Last year when i opened my salon at home, registered my business name etc, i had all these wonderful ideas for my business's 1st birthday - bbq in my back garden, balloons, drinks etc and special offers for the night bla bla bla

Well just before Christmas i sort of put this idea on hold as my client base was up and down like a rollercoaster - mainly, I'm pleased to say due to clients financial positions - id get a new client id lose a client !!

Well i shouldn't have been so blinkered and should have had more faith in myself, my training and products, and totally underestimated where my client base maybe at this stage, fairly healthy I'm happy to say, though more clients of course always welcome !

Here i am 1 week to my business birthday and for the first time i feel really unorganised.

Does anyone have any ideas at all they could share with me as to mini promotions or one big promotion i could offer during my birthday week (or fortnight to capture majority of my clients !! lol) or even during June !

Keeping my business head on .... I'm happy to offer "freebies" but id really like to entice my clients to spend a little more too - greedy huh ! lol

At Christmas I gave all of my clients a mini cucumber heel therapy, with instructions for use in a super little silver box, and a gift voucher with 20% off a new service - ie if they've experienced nail extensions then they could try brisa toes or pedicure at a 20% discount during jan / feb - this was extremely popular.

Any ideas ???? times running out

Thanks so much

kx

Make up some 1st Birthday cards and post them to all your clients offering a discount/gift/whateve through June to help you celebrate your birthday

Have a Salon Open Day - cake, wine, demo's, balloons, tombola, raffle, etc.

Invite the press to above day and get it covered by the paper

erm.......

oh my !!! way too unorganised to have press here - though great idea - free advertising too eh!! too scardy and shy - gosh what on earth would i tell / ask them to write about me ??? any journalists on line ??????? Free treatment if you could help !

I have a home salon so not sure a Salon Open Day would be viable

Definately gonna get some balloons or banner made up if i can

Raffle's a great idea - would i sell tickets or put all clients name in hat and draw say at end of june ?? woudl you suggest offering services or products or both as prizes ?

Difficult with food and drink in the salon - not a great deal of room and not sure will have to think on this ... maybe wrapped chocolates or something. Most of my clients drive too so vino may have to be OFF the menu !

sorry dont mean to be neggi Trin - you're so helpful ALWAYS - what do you think re above ?

kx

Trinity Nails said:
Make up some 1st Birthday cards and post them to all your clients offering a discount/gift/whateve through June to help you celebrate your birthday

Have a Salon Open Day - cake, wine, demo's, balloons, tombola, raffle, etc.

Invite the press to above day and get it covered by the paper

erm.......

Hi

We do a promotion every other month, Aprils promotion was have Bio overlays and get your toes done for half price. It really encouraged clients to try it and the girls now have loads of bookings for toes for the clients hols etc. (they had to have them done in the same appointment though)

Junes promotion is a Free solar butter mini or mini cucumber heel therapy with a spa manicure or pedicure with nails polished foc too. Thats working well.

You could invite them to recommend a friend to come during your anniversary week and give them and the client a 50% discount ???? as a one off??? (ps in the form of a voucher for their next visit)

oh nooooooooooooo also i have no nails on since my over exposure incident and gammy finger - how on earth can i invite press in and talk about my nail salon with hideous fingers ?????? Sass you free to be Karren for sesh ?????? mmm nice glittery nails mmmmmm

kx

BIG CAKES AND STARBUCKS WITH DOUBLE CREAM FOR THE HAMPSHIRE GEEK CREW! Well done you - think we should go down the pub and celebrate, your first anniversary and my salon on its way!

ABSOLUTELY SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN .... WILL PM AND ORGANISE B4 YOU OPEN HUN AS YOU'LL BE EVEN BUSIER IM SURE

kx

Sassy Hassy said:
BIG CAKES AND STARBUCKS WITH DOUBLE CREAM FOR THE HAMPSHIRE GEEK CREW! Well done you - think we should go down the pub and celebrate, your first anniversary and my salon on its way!

Karren said:
oh nooooooooooooo also i have no nails on since my over exposure incident and gammy finger - how on earth can i invite press in and talk about my nail salon with hideous fingers ?????? Sass you free to be Karren for sesh ?????? mmm nice glittery nails mmmmmm

kx

I'll do anything for a Starbucks large hot choc with extra cream, amd a raspberry and white choc muffin! I've still got Gigi's silk wraps on my left hand (sorry Geeg right hand got the better of my picking under stress syndrome!) so we could have those photo'd and then ... pass them off as our work (OMG only joking - guys - a Sassy joke :D )!

OMG has it really been a year, i don't believe for a second that you are not orgainised. You are the most organised person i have ever met.

Anyways good luck for your business' 1st birthday, i'm sure it will go well.

Gosh time sure does go quickly when you're having fun !

Trust me im unorganised on this occaision !! hense the cry for help

kx
Sammie said:
OMG has it really been a year, i don't believe for a second that you are not orgainised. You are the most organised person i have ever met.

Anyways good luck for your business' 1st birthday, i'm sure it will go well.

Karren said:
Raffle's a great idea - would i sell tickets or put all clients name in hat and draw say at end of june ?? woudl you suggest offering services or products or both as prizes ?

sorry dont mean to be neggi Trin - you're so helpful ALWAYS - what do you think re above ?

You need to get them in the door - so Birthday cards with discount voucher (only 10% or something) and a free entry to the raffle for anyone using their voucher in June.

Loads of little prizes is better than a couple of big ones (everyone likes to win something - when I did my Ann Summers parties, I always fixed it so everyone left with a prize of some sort at each party :D )

One top prize - Gift Vouchers for your salon for £50 (or something)
One 2nd prize - Gift Vouchers for your salon for £25 (or something)
One 3rd Prize - Free set and Brisa Toes + nail art
Lots of little prices - solar oils, enamels, etc. See what offers the OSNS have on and take advantage.

blimey you rich Trin !!! lol

Thanks hun gives me something more to think about. Will try and crack on with things Thursday / Friday

Now, just need to think how to sell myself to the papers and make myself look attractive to possible new clients ! My usp's at mo are Private Home Salon, Fully Airconditioned, Day AND Evening appointments available, Professional Products .. Creative Nail Design, Training bla bla .... and oh im quite nice !! lol

kx

Trinity Nails said:
You need to get them in the door - so Birthday cards with discount voucher (only 10% or something) and a free entry to the raffle for anyone using their voucher in June.

Loads of little prizes is better than a couple of big ones (everyone likes to win something - when I did my Ann Summers parties, I always fixed it so everyone left with a prize of some sort at each party :D )

One top prize - Gift Vouchers for your salon for £50 (or something)
One 2nd prize - Gift Vouchers for your salon for £25 (or something)
One 3rd Prize - Free set and Brisa Toes + nail art
Lots of little prices - solar oils, enamels, etc. See what offers the OSNS have on and take advantage.

For my first birthday I had Buck's Fizz (low alcohol so even those driving can have a small glass or you can get alcohol-free wine too) & gave dicounts for a week. I would also suggest getting a load of mini products eg solar oil, solar butter, scentsations, cucumber heel therapy & maybe some files & stuff. Set a limit of a couple of pounds per client but buy enough so that all your clients get one. I would wrap them & put them in a box & get clients to pick one at random or you could give them whatever is most appropriate to the individual client. Any leftovers can be sold. Cards are a nice idea but then you have to pay for loads of stamps! I guess that would depend on how many you are posting & how much you want to spend. I just put posters up a couple of weeks in advance then had balloons & stuff all that week. If you do it over 2 weeks then most of your regulars will come in anyway & it'll be a nice surprise to get a free gift or discount. A raffle is a good idea but I'd go with maybe a free manicure or pedicure as top prize, get them hooked on a new treatment! I wouldn't sell tickets, I'd do it free & just write down names of clients who've been in that week. HTH

Have a great first birthday!

Karren said:
blimey you rich Trin !!! lol

It won't cost much - you said you were happy to give away freebies - the £50 voucher is for your salon, so it's only the rough equivalent of a full set and rebalance :D , bit less for 2nd & 3rd prizes BUT they have to spend with you first to get into the draw anyway, so you'll make your money for materials in the first place.

As for the Enamels and stuff - the OSNS usual have some offers on, gift packs you could break up and decorate with ribbons, etc.

Some bottles of wine go down well, Sainsburys always have offers on, you can pick up some decent bottles for £3/4 in their special promotions

how about a Scentsations offer...

Buy the full size Scentsations hand & body lotion
Receive 20% off Scentsations body wash
Saving you £ xyz
(you make a small profit and your client thinks she is getting a bargain)

Spa Manicure, normally £ xyz
Special 1st Birthday offer £ xyz
(using enclosed voucher)
.....and other stuff like that :D

keep us up to date with what you decide Karren​
xxx

Goodness Karren, has it been a year already? Happy Birthday Nail-Ology!!

You know me, I'm useless at suggestions but I love the Bucks Fizz idea, one of my old students recently opened up her salon with lots of Bucks Fizz and posh choccies and strawberries......Mmmmmmm!

Hope it's a very successful day/week/month! Tell me all about it and TAKE PICS!!!!!

Jackie
xxx

When I did my opening I was amazed at how many people turned up for the free booze!!:lick: :lick:

Marks and Spencer had an offer on the other day...not sure if it still on but it was 3 bottles of Bucks Fizz for a Fiver....a right bargin!!

I got my local MP to come along to the opening too...local mp supporting a local business means newspapers follow which is valuable advertising!!!

Go for the booze!!!

Happy Birthday Nail-Ology

Karren i too cannot believe that YOU are not organised,,what happened!
I don't know what else to suggest other than what has already been said, if i could i would soooooo be there to help you as much as i could chicken,,,,,,oh reminds me, video will be in post Tuesday.
I do think the birthday invitations to your clients is a fab idea though if you are are happy doing something at home.
Whatever you do i know it will be fab and help bring you more happy clients.
Take care. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back