Nail removal for MMA clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catrat05

Reaction score
I was absolutely appalled the other day when I had a new client who had previously been to another salon for refills, and was told to go home & rip off her nails from a chain salon because they had poisonous chemicals in them.

How wrong can you be I know it's nasty stuff but in my experience I take off as much if the product as I can and then proceed as normal!

What do you do when you have an MMA client??

file it down as much as you can, gently (yeah thats an oxymoron cos that crap is very hard to file). seriously? 100grit for most of debulking and then 150 and then 180. As you are debulking it keep and eye on what is underneath....as you bring those layers off you may see some nasties (you may not).

If you see nasties you will have to take the enhancement off (brownies/greenies) with the file then quick soak method (I hope not for both yours sakes).

Just advise her that its a long process (charge her accordingly). Keep em short too. good luck :)

I use my wonderful KUPA drill ... Thank god for it!

I also use my e-file!! I just could not believe she was told to go home and rip them off then come back the next day,
Why would Any professional tell someone to do this!
If you don't want to work on that kind of product then turn them away.
I'm so furious I should be happy she came to me not long after because the set they did were lifting badly within a week, but the last thing I want is people getting hurt by stupid advice!
Rant over lol

File and soak off any remnants when near to the natural nail.

As well as the regular client consultation card, I also have them sign a disclaimer, mainly because of the time and effort involved with filing and soaking to ensure they are well aware of what is happening. We started this after we had one girl at the spa for a whole afternoon with the most monstrous nails you have ever seen and it took my poor tech a while to get them off.

After removal we then get their nails back to health over the coming weeks and convert them to Shellac!

Latest posts

Back