Nail Tech and Pregnancy Dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LashesinWonder

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

Ok i have a few quite urgent concerns...:|

I didnt really want to let this out the bag yet but i could really do with some advice!! :Love:

How safe is it to continue working as a nail tech using minx and shellac if pregnant, especially in the first trimester?

Also the other question... What happens regarding college? Is it safe to continue with level two? Or not worth the risk. Had many years of lady problems and has taken a long time to get to this point so starting to think its not worth the risk. College just to add a few more strings to my bow will always be there. Could always defer? Also when do i tell them? I havent even had my first scan yet so early days. But it is too precious to me :)

ANY help would be really nice :hug:

Thanks geeks xx

Just dont eat or drink it and you will be fine.
Congratulations on your wonderful news.

Hey geeks,

Ok i have a few quite urgent concerns...:|

I didnt really want to let this out the bag yet but i could really do with some advice!! :Love:

How safe is it to continue working as a nail tech using minx and shellac if pregnant, especially in the first trimester?

Also the other question... What happens regarding college? Is it safe to continue with level two? Or not worth the risk. Had many years of lady problems and has taken a long time to get to this point so starting to think its not worth the risk. College just to add a few more strings to my bow will always be there. Could always defer? Also when do i tell them? I havent even had my first scan yet so early days. But it is too precious to me :)

ANY help would be really nice :hug:

Thanks geeks xx

Firstl many congratulations to you!

It sounds to me like you need to take care of yourself ... But not because of any risk from doing nails of any kind. There is no risk from that direction, but my guess is that if you had any troubles it is there that you would lay the blame. So best to relax for 3 months and if it is not your living at this stage then you have nothing to loose and everything to gain. If it is the first trimester you are concerned with then you are in it now ... Leave right away and have the peace of mind you want.

Fir those who may not have the physical concerns that the OP has with carrying a child, then you can rest assured that you are physically safe doing nails of any kind whilst pregnant. Thousands of nail techs work right up until the last minute ! As long as you take the normal advice given to ALL nail technicians, pregnant or not, such as adequate ventilation and working along with COSHH guidelines you are perfectly safe.

I have a good article by Doug Schoon on the subject if you would like me to post it.

Just dont eat or drink it and you will be fine.
Congratulations on your wonderful news.

LOL!! Thankyou :D trying not to get too excited yet. We practice on each other at college though and will be doing manicure and pedicure. Plus my due date is beginning of june and ill be at college until atleast end of may. It will be very close!!

Very happy though :Love:

Firstl many congratulations to you!

It sounds to me like you need to take care of yourself ... But not because of any risk from doing nails of any kind. There is no risk from that direction, but my guess is that if you had any troubles it is there that you would lay the blame. So best to relax for 3 months and if it is not your living at this stage then you have nothing to loose and everything to gain. If it is the first trimester you are concerned with then you are in it now ... Leave right away and have the peace of mind you want.

Fir those who may not have the physical concerns that the OP has with carrying a child, then you can rest assured that you are physically safe doing nails of any kind whilst pregnant. Thousands of nail techs work right up until the last minute ! As long as you take the normal advice given to ALL nail technicians, pregnant or not, such as adequate ventilation and working along with COSHH guidelines you are perfectly safe.

I have a good article by Doug Schoon on the subject if you would like me to post it.

Thanks geeg!! :D

Very good advice. I think i know that its what i have to do...its just heard doing it. I fought my way into college. But its a small sacrafice for what i can gain.

Just didnt know weather to wait until the first scan to check all is well. But thats another 4 weeks away. So it is still risky.

Very excited and i will google that article. But great to know i can carry on with my clients. Also can i wear minx and shellac myself....i wouldnt usually be bothered but in two months its my wedding day as well :o and would like pretty nails. Thanks!!

xxx :hug:

I have worn Minx and Shellac throughout my pregnancy. I have also worked throughout and still am (34+ weeks now).

It's a really tough call because everyone is different. I admit I find work majorly tiring and some days almost unbearable. I haven't looked at your profile so don't know how old you are etc but in a way it's irrelevant because as I said, everyone's different.

You may have a really easy time, then you may be very bored! I tell myself pretty much every day to carry on as normal, i.e. carry on as though I'm not pregnant, because there are woman much worse off than me, working in factories and so forth, giving birth in 3rd world countries, so I try to count my blessings and not be precious.

When I was pregnant in 1999 a woman gave birth in a tree in Mozambique (during extreme flooding.)

I have worn Minx and Shellac throughout my pregnancy. I have also worked throughout and still am (34+ weeks now).

It's a really tough call because everyone is different. I admit I find work majorly tiring and some days almost unbearable. I haven't looked at your profile so don't know how old you are etc but in a way it's irrelevant because as I said, everyone's different.

You may have a really easy time, then you may be very bored! I tell myself pretty much every day to carry on as normal, i.e. carry on as though I'm not pregnant, because there are woman much worse off than me, working in factories and so forth, giving birth in 3rd world countries, so I try to count my blessings and not be precious.

When I was pregnant in 1999 a woman gave birth in a tree in Mozambique (during extreme flooding.)

Hey Zo Zo,

Thanks for your reply! :D

I am 25years old. I do have an illness that affects my mobility among other things so not expecting it to be that easy. But staying very optimistic :)

Im sure i will get very bored lol!!I intend to carry on but will for go college as i have a job in a cafe and mobile clients to continue with. So i have stuff to do. And gotta get through my wedding :o

Wow a woman gave birth in a tree!! Thats nuts :lick: lol x

Wow what a story. Bless her xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back