Nail Tech course interview - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojemac

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an interview next week at my local college for Nail Technology VTCT Level 3 Diploma.

The letter said it will last no longer than an hour. I'm 28 so its been a long time since I have studied and I'm nervous as anything! Any ideas what it is they might want to know or might ask in my interview. I REALLY want to do this course so really don't want
To mess it up!

I would imagine that they just need to ensure you are able to take part in the course. There will be a lot of theory which some applicants might struggle with.

Good luck and you'll be fine. Not quite the same but I've recently had an interview for Beauty Therapy level 2, I trained with CND as a nail tech last year.

I'm 43 and had to spend 3 hours at college, although some of this was functional skills tests which I would say you don't have. The interview was based on what I had done, why I wanted to do the course and my strengths and weaknesses. Also remember there may be a time that you can ask questions about the course, career prospects etc, so if you think of anything between now and your interview write it down and ask your interviewer :Love: xx

Just wanted to wish you luck. Xxx

Thanks All!

Interview went fine, all they asked me was to tell them about myself and then went into what the course involves!!

I was there with about 6 other girls, all 16/17 years old so was quite worrying. None of them seem interested in the slightest :/

That could work to your advantage.. The tutors generally only have time for the ones that want to learn, so get your head down and go for it :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thats what I'm going to do. The ladies that were running the interviews obviously had little time for them. They were umming and aring over all sorts of stuff and you could just tell they were dying to roll their eyes at them! ha

I'm really really looking forward to learning it all. Some of the 3D nail art and the airbrush stuff looks really cool. I am hoping I can transfer some of the skills to gels like shellac or Gelish, but I have seen a 3 day course run by Gelish that, if all else fails, I can sign up to and get a good idea about it all.

Now just to apply for the funding for it......

Latest posts

Back