Nail Tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandy789

Reaction score
Hope some of you professional can help me:rolleyes: I'll keep it short and simple if I can.
I had Bio gel overlays on my natural longish nails, went to a different salon / tech as previous tech moved. New tech would not do infills as it was not her work underneath which is understandable so she soaked the gel off for me and I was going back to have l&p done the next week cause she cant put the l&p on when she just soaked them off as they would crack. I thought gel would be better as im used to them but she said the acrylic is better and gels basically look yuk.

My nails are very strong and she was impressed by them as they were as solid as a rock after the soak off, she said they where perfect as the arch on nail bed and sidewalls (hope thats right) were amazing and I had the perfect nails and didnt need anything on them bar polish. :) was over the moon lol.
But to my horror she said as I was walking out the door that Id be much better cutting my own nails off, sticking tips on them and then the acrylic.
Why would she want to do this? Im confused more than usual lol.

Sorry If i've nattered on here :hug:

Hope some of you professional can help me:rolleyes: I'll keep it short and simple if I can.
I had Bio gel overlays on my natural longish nails, went to a different salon / tech as previous tech moved. New tech would not do infills as it was not her work underneath which is understandable Only understandable if the nails you were already wearing were of poor quality, so she soaked the gel off for me and I was going back to have l&p done the next week cause she cant put the l&p on when she just soaked them off as they would crack Not true, i apply new sets of nails after a soak off with no problems,
i only soak off if the client wants me too because their own nails have grown until the point that they are now wearing a natural nail overlay instead of tips and the clients nails are too weak for a natural nail overlay or their nails grow strangely so tips look more uniformed . I thought gel would be better as im used to them but she said the acrylic is better and gels basically look yuk Either she just doesn't like the look of gel or she can not apply it well and one is not better than the other, they are both acrylic based but applied differently and equally as strong as each other when applied well .

My nails are very strong and she was impressed by them as they were as solid as a rock after the soak off, she said they where perfect as the arch on nail bed and sidewalls (hope thats right) were amazing and I had the perfect nails and didnt need anything on them bar polish. :) was over the moon lol.
But to my horror she said as I was walking out the door that Id be much better cutting my own nails off, sticking tips on them and then the acrylic.
Why would she want to do this? Im confused more than usual lol.
I'm confused at this too, if your nails are a nice uniform shape and in good condition and strong, they sound ideal for a natural nail overlay using either gel or acrylic, it should make no difference.

Sorry If i've nattered on here :hug:
I would take a good look at her certificates on the wall, if at any point you are not happy tell her so and go some where else, ask some friends for some recommendations of who they use or start another thread asking for a nail tech from here to do your nails, they are some amazing techs on this site,
hope that helps you hun :hug:

Don't go back to her....Ring Bio and ask if they can give you details of another Bio trained tech in your area....(if you where happy with Bio)

Tips are only there to stop the product falling on floor and give extra length...(well basically) so if you already have something there to stop the product falling on the floor and the length(your own nails) you don't need tips.

I dont agree with her at all.

If you already have nice strong long nails and you want something more than polish, there are some really cool techniques that can be done without cutting them off. Do not "cut them off and stick tips on"!!

Find another technician.

Thanks for all you help, I thought she was way off base. :hug:

The only reason for the tech wanting to cut your own nails of is because she is not using white acrylic, she is not confident or competent enough :confused: one or other, to put a good smile line on your nail and is using white tips to do this with clear acrylic instead.
Personally I would not go back, I would find another tech as already suggested.

Just to add, if you like bio sculpture, stick to it. Liquid & Powder (acrylic) and file off gels are a completely different feel, they are much harder. IMO Calgel would be the only other option for a similar feel (I'm not sure if Akzentz Options feels the same as I don't have any experience of it).

Hi Girls
Thanks all so much for all your replies to my question. I have took your advice, found a great nail tech who lives a few miles away. Im going once a week to get them filed and polished, so im very happy.
Thanks all so much :hug:

Latest posts

Back