Nail trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
Well... santa has been early ;) and hes brought me loads of nail products , new gel kits 9 (ready for 2012 training!!) , currette :D , polishes , roo nail polish holder and Nail trainer from essential nails !!!!!!!!!!!! eeeee excited much !!

anyhow any tips on how to use the nail trainer? do i use it as i would a "Human" hand? treat it in the same aspects apart from cuticle work :rolleyes:

any advice greatly appreciated ,
and Merry xmas !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Lucky lady!! :D Yep, treat it the same as a human, but no need to waste your primer etc on it. Just bear in mind you would have to be gentler with a human hand than your plastic one :p

Lucky lady!! :D Yep, treat it the same as a human, but no need to waste your primer etc on it. Just bear in mind you would have to be gentler with a human hand than your plastic one :p

Ive been a Very lucky lady which what ive recived :lol: , I will treat it was TLC , like i do with my clients :D

eeee cant wait to start practicing with my hand :) mmmmm need a name for it i think :rolleyes:

Mines called gladyis. Dont use acetone on her or full strength primer or youll hurt her :'(

Mines called gladyis. Dont use acetone on her or full strength primer or youll hurt her :'(
So how about polishing? If I want to practice my polishing techniques , do I just practice on the tip then remove tip of the hand?

Oh no I don't wanna hurt her :( mmm will think of a name to tonight lol

To practice polishing I found the best way was to put on the nails, polish them, immediately remove polish with acetone and you are ready to paint again. Each nail will last about 20 polishes before getting holes in it through the acetone, but it really is worth it as you can get loads of practice in quickly and the nails are quite cheap.

xx

Why don't you use non acetone nail polish remover so they will last longer?? x

I treated myself to my nailtrainer this week too. Can't wait to get using it. Merry xmas all.

Sent from my MT15i using SalonGeek

I treated myself to my nailtrainer this week too. Can't wait to get using it. Merry xmas all.

Sent from my MT15i using SalonGeek

I've been playing with it today!! Hehe.

Bloody fab!! X

Non acetone remover also causes holes too and it does not remove as well. The reason I put to use acetone is that by the time you finish painting the 5 nails, if you use acetone to remove, it comes straight off - no mess. And then you are ready to go again.

I have tried both and the acetone is so much better.

xx

I don't use remover of any type on mine it is easy to crack the tips ,
I kill 2 birds with 1 stone practice polishing & then practice file control by buffing it off .

I found my persian cat the other day chewing the rubber finger tips on my nail trainer!! Two have come off....one of which I've found but the other is still missing in action! Ooooops! God knows how long she's been doing that for, and how on earth she got them off!!!!

Non acetone remover also causes holes too and it does not remove as well. The reason I put to use acetone is that by the time you finish painting the 5 nails, if you use acetone to remove, it comes straight off - no mess. And then you are ready to go again.

I have tried both and the acetone is so much better.

xx

That's good to know. I mean non acetone remover still has acetone in it anyway do it will wear them down over time I just thought it might take longer to wear them using it x

I use mine for practising my acrylics and filing :) had it for a couple of months now and find it great! they're also handy for if you do nail art to show different designs to clients! :) hope you enjoy your nail trainer as much as i have, happy holidays! xxx

That's good to know. I mean non acetone remover still has acetone in it anyway do it will wear them down over time I just thought it might take longer to wear them using it x

Hi Pinkbunny. I used mine purely to learn how to polish (believe me I was bad! polish everywhere but where it should be!). When I first got the nail trainer I was painting a set, letting it dry, painting a second coat etc. Then you have to remove it anyway but it was so much harder as the polish had dried and of course that also damages the nails. So I wasnt getting through many polishes a day.

Then I changed to just applying polish on the five nails, and immediately wiping off with acetone and wow it was so easy. The polish just wipes off as it is not dry and you are ready to go again straight away. I was able to to do back to back polishing all day and my skills improved really quickly from then.

Yes the nails do get holes in them after a while (about 20 apps/removals) but there are 20 sets in the 100 you get, and you can buy more. They are not too expensive considering the fabulous skills you get from them.

Good luck

xx

Hi Pinkbunny. I used mine purely to learn how to polish (believe me I was bad! polish everywhere but where it should be!). When I first got the nail trainer I was painting a set, letting it dry, painting a second coat etc. Then you have to remove it anyway but it was so much harder as the polish had dried and of course that also damages the nails. So I wasnt getting through many polishes a day.

Then I changed to just applying polish on the five nails, and immediately wiping off with acetone and wow it was so easy. The polish just wipes off as it is not dry and you are ready to go again straight away. I was able to to do back to back polishing all day and my skills improved really quickly from then.

Yes the nails do get holes in them after a while (about 20 apps/removals) but there are 20 sets in the 100 you get, and you can buy more. They are not too expensive considering the fabulous skills you get from them.

Good luck

xx

Thats a great Tip, Thanks! Im finding im wasting more time waiting for polish to dry so I can remove the nails, than actually painting! I'll give your method a try. I love my "Bob" but we just dont spend enough time together. :eek: x

Latest posts

Back