Nail trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach2564

Reaction score
I've just recently started a level 3 nail tech course and was just wondering whether anybody has worked with a nail trainer before and if they found it helpful to practice on or not? Thinking of purchasing one to practise with at night to try to get techniques right, but unsure as to whether it will be a waste of money or not. Thanks

I bought one and I may be in the minority however mine has hardly been used and sits in a cupboard.
Personally I didn't find it anything like the real thing.

It's definitely not like the real thing BUT I found it pretty useful while studying. And even now I still use it to practise different acrylic/gel techniques. I got the Essential Nails one direct from their site but there may be cheaper out there. I don't really regret getting one. Mine is just sitting there in the nail cabinet thing but it's there if I need it and like I said recently I have dusted it off and used it again. x

Thank you both for your help!

I don't use my nail trainer hand very often, however I use it sometimes to practice new things, it is not a replacement for real hands obviously, but it can be quite useful to perfect your painting, new designs or refining your skills.

The real thing is the best trainer.

I used the nail trainer before, but now I use it do make new designs. There is nothing like real hands.
However, I think the Nail Trainer can be improved so much more to include the following feedback to the student.

-Sense heat on the nail bed to discourage fast filing on nail plates.
-Sense pressure applied to finger tips and practice a light touch on the client's hand.

I've just recently started a level 3 nail tech course and was just wondering whether anybody has worked with a nail trainer before and if they found it helpful to practice on or not? Thinking of purchasing one to practise with at night to try to get techniques right, but unsure as to whether it will be a waste of money or not. Thanks
Can I ask what course are you doing? I am looking at doing the same but can't decide x

Can I ask what course are you doing? I am looking at doing the same but can't decide x
It's a level 3 nail tech course at a private beauty academy in Manchester. The course is payed through an advanced learner loan which isn't payed back until earning in excess of £21000. It's one day a week and lasts 23 weeks x

Latest posts

Back