Nail varnish?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terri29

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if it is worth investing in nail varnish, I am newly trained and going to the excel in march and wondered is there still a call for nail varnish or do most people go for gels nowadays?? If the is which varnish to go for opi, mavala, Jessica etc???
Any feed back appreciated.xx

Hi there

I would say YES there is a call for it, but then you do need to consider the 'Market' or Clientele your aiming for.

I am a mobile tech, and my clients range from those who are very much into the lastest thing (So Shellac and Gels etc) and on the other side I have a lot of mature clients which also like good old traditional Polish. I find the cost is also a big factor, some of my mature clients like the Shellac or coloured gel but simply can't afford the price tag of it.

So if you think the market you are aiming at will be asking for polish, then yes there is a market out there. I find also a lot of clients are more then happy to keep polish on their toes as it last down there anyway lol, I know you can have more fancy things done using Shellac, Gels and Minx etc but some clients just want the simplicity and value of polish.

Definitely go to the beauty shows and sample different polsihes. I use CND and Misa and love them both.

Good Luck x

Thanx becky
I want to offer polish aswell as gels etc, yes like u said think some people will still go for it.
Can't wait for excel so excited, will try some out and see which I like, thanx again.x

I would say as your still perfecting by all means get a few good polishes and practice practice practice, then you will be ready to add a system that you like that's a bit more hard wearing. If your in the business it prob won't go to waste.

With regards to which brand to choose, I have just polished my nails in record time using Lumos base and top, with my first ever normal CND polish. Love it!

I think it is def worth investing in nail polish but keep to the classic colours to keep costs to min. i have about 16 colours as too expensive for me to have more as I buy bio-gel & Shellac as well.

If they are desparate for a particular colour you can always buy as you go... I matched dress material with polish at the wholesaler.

ps I hardly ever use the polish but do not want to deny any customer! Some want to be able to take off themselves, incl friends in their late 20's early 30's.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Great feedback thanx guys.x

Polish is also good if people arnt allowed polish on for work.
They won't pay for gel or shellac if they only want it on for the weekend xx

Latest posts

Back