Nailbiter.... Which tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yolanda

Reaction score
When a client's nails are very short.... (no free edge) what kind of tips do you use so that they won't look funny.... i.e. nail bed too short and also so that extentions will be able to stay on? (I work with Creative products)

Thanks

Yollie

Hi Yolanda if the nail bed is too small I extends the nail bed firstly with a little boll extra roze acrylic resin powder.
you files it in model and on the top , you file the smiley line already in .then you puts with a stencil key a small randje frenc manicurist or you stick a tip .
next you finish the nail such as you have got used whit a boll acryl.
the customer must, however, after 1 yielded to come entirely follow and possibly to update.

That is very interesting....I never heard that before :).... Will give it a try on myself...and see how it goes...

Thanks so much Jolan

Yollie

Hi Yollie

I have several Nail Biters now, all with very tiny nail beds !

I use Creative Formation Tips - they seem to be the best fit for this type of client, they have a gentle C curve which tends to butt right up to their badly bitten free edges ! and full contact area, which i tend to remove quite a lot of depending per client. I have absolutely no probs at all with my nail biter clients and these tips, though i do tend to pre buff them more to start with as they seem to be thicker than say the Velocity.

Have you seen the tutorial on Nail Biters hun ??? this may also help you.

Whenever i come across a slightly different client or want some ideas on say marketing or any problems i encounter, i use the search option on this site, there is so much information on here which has been discussed previously

kx

Yolanda said:
When a client's nails are very short.... (no free edge) what kind of tips do you use so that they won't look funny.... i.e. nail bed too short and also so that extentions will be able to stay on? (I work with Creative products)

Thanks

Yollie

Hi babe,
there is a tutorial in the premium geek site for tipping a bitten nail.........
[thread=5746]This explains it better!:wink2: [/thread]

The choice of the tip is determind by the shape of the nail plate........
Always make sure the tips fits the natural c-curve...........I use the formation tip,this is the most versatile tip and will conform to most nail shapes. It has a gentle c curve and natural side arches.............
HTH

Good advice from Karren and Ruth. Formation is the nail biters tip normally.

You can use the new Flawless powder to extend the nailbed if you wish to sculpt or you can also use it over a well blended tip .... this changes the look of that short nail bed completely and clients cannot believe the results. A complete transformation.

That's what natural nail enhancement is all about!! Making it more beautiful not just longer!!

Yolanda said:
That is very interesting....I never heard that before :).... Will give it a try on myself...and see how it goes...

Thanks so much Jolan

Yollie

Here´s a picture maby you understand it better

3273nagelbijter_2-thumb.jpg

Thanks so much friends.... I really learn a lot from here... I do not do sculptures yet....

I need to buy some formation tips and give it a try....since up till now I have never used them.

Thanks for the pic Jolan....there really is a transformation...well done :)

Yollie

Latest posts

Back