nails after removing polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.castle3

Reaction score
i've found that when i remove most peoples polish from l&p enhancements that the enchancements looks frosty they loose their shine. do most of you re buff anyone that wants a re polish. i find that if i dont the polish looks abit matt looking.

ive noticed that and wondered what it was. i dont do L&P so its not really much of a problem for me, just curious though. x

julie.castle3 said:
i've found that when i remove most peoples polish from l&p enhancements that the enchancements looks frosty they loose their shine. do most of you re buff anyone that wants a re polish. i find that if i dont the polish looks abit matt looking.

Hi Julie,

The enhancements will loose their shine when you remove polish as L&P is not glossy like gel. You should only need to buff again with the koala and re-apply 'Stickey' then polish. The polish should not be matt if you buff last with the 1200 grit of the koala. Don't use the three way buffer befor polishing or the polish wont hold nicely to the super smooth surface.

Hope this helps! :)

xxxx

There are 2 ways around this.

1. Use Brisa finishing gloss over the L&P enhancement and you will never get the matt look again or

2. Re buff. You can buff to a very high gloss shine, and the polish will adhere perfectly well to the extra shiney surface just as it does to a gel surface (sorry rose 143). Use your Sticky base coat and then colour and Super Shiney top coat just as usual for a perfect finish.

Latest posts

Back