Nails | CND Shellac Gets Six Patents

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Since its introduction in 2010, CND have been telling us that CND Shellac is unique; they have been telling us that there is nothing else out there like it and that there is nothing out there using the same technology. Now, the US Patent and Trademark Office have recognised this and awarded CND Shellac - The Original Power Polish - not one, but six patents.

CND Shellac was developed over five years and, on its launch, revolutionised the nail industry. With zero drying time, a flawless finish and fourteen day wear, CND changed the face of manicures. Now their innovation has been recognised with each component - the base coat, colour coat, top coat and UV lamp - awarded at least one patent.

"The patents for CND Shellac are a validation of our innovation. They solidify our technical leadership and protect our investment in creating a new category in nail coatings performance and care," explains Dr. Dave Valia, Vice President of Research & Development for CND.

Officially recognised as unique and effective, you can now rest easy - if it doesn't say Shellac on the bottle, it isn't Shellac in the bottle.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• shellac-nails.jpg
    shellac-nails.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 332
Great stuff...hopefully this will shut some of the nay-Sayers up.

All us Shellac Techs knew how amazing it was, this is the icing on the cake!

Most impressive, but not surprising!!!!:biggrin:

This article should be printed and posted for our clients to see. :)

I never questioned it ... You can feel the difference, see the difference and experience the difference at a salon near to you.

And now the new VINYLUX.polish also unlike any other. Find a salon near you. Only sold through professionals.

CND Shellac & Vinylux

Can I ask do we know if they will be filling in the UK or Europe? As I understand it the patents are only valid in the US, but with international trade laws it blurs a little...:confused:

it's a cake and the icing

Congratulation to all

Latest posts

Back