Nails courses/new to all this!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joflakes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to all of this and wanted some advice.
I'm currently working full time & studying at University full time as well, but it has always been a bit of a dream of mine to become a beauty therapist.

I've just done a day course in CND Shellac UV nails, which I loved, and now I want to do more!
I think I'm going to do a basic manicure & pedicure course at the end of the month.

Anyway, I love it all so far and ideally want to be able to do nail treatments initially as a hobby and to supplement my income.

I can't commit to an NVQ or anything at a college but what day courses would you all recommend, or what is most popular?

Any advice greatly welcomed!

Thank you
Jo

I think you can also learn by reading and just trying the DIY kits that are being sold in the market. It's cheap, doesn't require everyday classes and it's fun to try it because you are your own model. :)

Hi

I dont mean to offend but Im sorry I have to disagree with the last post! Please stay away from DIY kits! How would you know if you were doing it right? let along never being able to get any insurance etc etc

I cant commit to a NVQ at the moment either as I have to work (bills mortgage etc :( yuck! lol) but what I have done is decided which treatments I want to offer (its a long list) then Ive researched and researched courses companies advice from here. I decided if I cant do a NVQ Im going to choose the BEST training for each service and practice like mad!

At the moment I only offer spray tanning but I choose (in my opinion) the best training and company to work with Nouvatan - next Im looking at eyelash extensions - but not until I have mastered and started to build a customer base with spray tans, which will not only help me introduce new services as I will hopefully have a growing customer base but will also help me with paying for the next course

The training and kits as well as time and effort isnt cheap but Ive always been if Im going to do something Im going to do it right.

I hope that has helped.

x

Latest posts

Back