Nails | Dodgy Manicure? Gaga's Watching You

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
We've known how important it is for ages. It's a jarring site when the most elegant woman in the world walks into the room, only to display bitten, scrappy nails poking out of her designer threads. Now, in her recent memo for V magazine (see link below), Lady Gaga has said pretty much the same thing.

"I find that any woman—no matter how stylishly she is dressed—is instantly above the rest if well-manicured," says Gaga. She goes on to say that even if you don't have spare pennies for professional cuticle care then you should take time out to do it yourself saying that you are getting into a "nice self-compassionate habit." (She is of course assuming that the public know where and what their cuticle is!) However, her point is a good one and she's got 6 good reasons to back it up. Well, 5 good reasons and one very naughty one!

The fact is, nails are important. Unlike hair, they're not expensive to maintain and if you're having a bad nail day, you can't simply scrape them up into a top knot and get away with it. We've been saying it for ages, now the chant has gone Gaga and she also takes the time to thank those people that keep her nails in tip top shape, "Thank you to my amazing manicurists, Aya, Emma, Marian, and Deborah, for always taking care of my prims. And to Freddie for gluing on my nails, Brandon for telling me when I need a manicure, and Tara for telling me I don’t."

And don't worry, while Gaga sounds like she's getting all judgy on us, it's only the A-listers that will really suffer. "P.S. Ladies in lights, in the magazines, and on red carpets—know that I am judging your cuticles…but that’s about it."

Read full article here: V Magazine Gaga Memo No. 7

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• gaga.jpg
    gaga.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 561
Marian BTW is our Marian Newman aka 'Mum' ON HERE - WICKED!!!!:Love:

Ahhhhh, bless her. She really is a sweetheart. I couldn't do her last big project so I haven't seen her since the You & I video.

For those interested, Aya is the lovely girl who makes her LOADS of different nails in her 'signature' look that she takes everywhere with her and Freddie, her hairdresser, sticks on for her. Emma is Kate Moss's home visiting manicurist who Gaga has 'borrowed' for big chunks of her current tour and Deborah is Deborah Lippmann. Then there's me!

Latest posts

Back