Nails for Photos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margot

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been doing some photographic work recently - mainly just manicuring and painting, but have been asked to do some very pointy nail extensions and appreciate these will need to be tailored and done beforehand. I am just stuck on the best way to attatch them to the models nails temporarily and how to make them look spot on around the cuticle area as have never done this before.

Thanks, :irked:

Last edited:
Hi Cheryl
fill out your profile hun with more details of the training you have taken and the products you use and then we will all be able to help you more :hug:

Have done, sorry - I have been a bit lazy with that have'nt I? Hope that helps. i can make the nails look great but not having worked with anyone else who has done that I don't know if there is a better way than I think.

Thanks

Do you use acrylic or gel, or do you only do natural nails

I do Acrylic (entity), Gel (entity) and natural nails.

What about double sided sticky tape...?

i would use long tips not too curved and you can attach then to the natural nail with a a bit of glue using little stickers(that are usually supplied in the nail packs sold in boots) that protect the nail and wont get stuck for too long. Or paint the nails with clear polish let it dry and then attach the nails with a tiny amount of nail glue.

all above IMO - hope this will help - :hug:

Thanks, I had thought glue was the best option or sticky pads but I just wanted to know if there was anything I was missing that was obviouse or if anyone does this reguarly and knows a better tried and tested way.

Latest posts

Back