Nails from home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindabop

Reaction score
Sorry if this is covered else where,I have looked and can't find my answer.
If i was to start doing nails from home ( I'm mobile just now) is there any laws or legislation I have to adhere to? Health & safety checks or anything?

Any one please? Must be someone out there that has a home salon?

Im not from home but id suggest contacting local council they should be able to advise x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi i work from home, as i have a council house i had to get permission from them, that took about a month.

Was just a simple form to fill in, they checked with planning people and roads and i was approved.

Nothing else was needed but it does vary council to council, if you own your house you need to contact your mortgage company to check with them.

I think the reason you are getting not many answers is because there is no exact answer as it all depends where you live.

As others have said, contact your local council as they are the ones who usually control home businesses and they will be able to tell you all the guidelines/rules you must adhere to and any fees that need to be paid for licensing, signage etc etc.

I work from my own home salon and I know my council has different rules and regulations to the council who runs next to my area and I'm glad I live in my council cause it's not as strict.

Good luck, it's an exciting time:)

Do you have to get any permission to work from home if your a home owner?

I'm not really very sure how it works if you own your own home. Some one above said to contact mortgage company, not sure what difference it would make to them?
We own our home, so will probably ask the council 1st because I'm sure they'll have something to say about the matter! Then get in touch with mortgage company,we are just going to change mortgage companies so no point asking current company

You have to contact your home insurer as well. I am with the Halifax and they wanted to know how many people I would have per week.
They also won't now insure us for accidental damage for building or contents.

For your peace of mind you should also get public liability insurance. I joined The Guild.

Best of luck with setting up a home salon...I love mine :cool:

I'm not really very sure how it works if you own your own home. Some one above said to contact mortgage company, not sure what difference it would make to them?
We own our home, so will probably ask the council 1st because I'm sure they'll have something to say about the matter! Then get in touch with mortgage company,we are just going to change mortgage companies so no point asking current company

You have to contact your mortgage provider as they will want to know if you are changing the use of the property from residential to business. This will affect the type of mortgage you have. As long as you are only using a small proportion of your residential property there shouldn't be a problem, but you have to let them know :)

Latest posts

Back