Nails not sticking just sliding off - suncream?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstymac

Reaction score
I was doing my mum nails today, she has Lupus and is very light sensitive so before she had a reaction and this time she put suncream on. I told her to let me do it because if touched nails would not be good but she went and put on herself (mothers!). I prepped as normal and when came to stick on nail they simply slid off, the glue would not stick at all. Never had this before and she the only one who done sun cream, would you all say it was the cream and i should put it on next time.

I tried several times and no stick at all, advice please?

:irked:

If the suncream had been applied after you prepped the nails then no they wont stick as the nail is no longer clean and prepped, they have cream on them.
The nails have to be totally free of any oils etc...

my apologies if i have miss read what you wrote.

Are these gels?
Why was she applying suncream at the time?

Yes they were gels, she has Lupus which means she is extreme light sensitive she is allergic to the sun, so when i did gel overlay it hurt her hands and made them all red and sore. So yesterday we went to do full set with tips and she put cream on before and the nails would not stick. So went to do them again this morning and no cream on and the same again, she has very weak nails at the moment , extremly weak. The nails just wont stick, i changed my glue to fresh one and nothing works. I am completly baffled as to why?

Hi what glue and tips are you using hun?

The glue i use is called MXBON nail glue and the tips are the ones i get from essential nails, dream i think they are called. But i have used both of these on peopl before and had no problem and on thursday i did two sets on friends and they were fine, she does take loads of medication and she had creamed up in the morning with body lotion and face stuff but i prepped and cleaned but just slide of, no stick.

I dont know the glue you mentioned, but if she is on a lot of medication that could affect her nails. I would try a more recognised glue tbh, and double prep her nails to make sure they 'squeek'. Your Mum could have extra oily nails because of the meds she is on and with the extra lotions she uses that would only react further...hth...x

Latest posts

Back