Nails stained yellow!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NABA79

Reaction score
Hi i have been doing my friends nails for about 2 mth now,she had them taken off a few weeks ago. When i was away the other week she decided she wanted nails on so bought, some of the stick on nails, i was going to put her a new set on yesterday but havent as, her nails were yellow, the new nail that you can see growing looks fine. Was just wondering if this is more likey to be staining from polish or something, than a nail infection, i hve asked her to go to the doctors before i put anymore on. But im woried that she might put some more of the sick on ones on and cause more damage.
thanks for any answers.:)

Hi i have been doing my friends nails for about 2 mth now,she had them taken off a few weeks ago. When i was away the other week she decided she wanted nails on so bought, some of the stick on nails, i was going to put her a new set on yesterday but havent as, her nails were yellow, the new nail that you can see growing looks fine. Was just wondering if this is more likey to be staining from polish or something, than a nail infection, i hve asked her to go to the doctors before i put anymore on. But im woried that she might put some more of the sick on ones on and cause more damage.
thanks for any answers.:)

If all the nails were infected with a bacterial infection from the stick ons then they would look patchy, possibly greenish and not uniform.

More likely that her own nails were dehydrated on the surface after the removal of the enhancements, she probably polished them or just got them stained with whatever she has been doing because of the dehydrated surface ... even the adhesive from the stick ons could have caused staining of the surface.

Nails are like sponges. The normal nail is less porous than the enhanced nail as it is protected by a layer of water and natural oils. We remove that protective layer during prep for enhancements so the nails are even more porous than usual after enhancement removal and before the moisture and oil levels are reestablished and in balance once again. It is very important for clients to regularly oil their nails with Solar Oil or Solar Balm once enhancements have been removed to help replace the oil and moisture that has been removed from the nails. Did she do this ... I bet not!

I'm sure a gentle buff with a white block buffer will let you know if the staining is just surface discolouration which I suspect it is.

Latest posts

Back