Nails that last forever??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gels/acrylics are all similar....There are slight variations in the chemical composition......Applying anything to the nail is not ideal. Marketing Marking is the main difference. Whats your main brand of pain relief were you live?.......Dont tell me. It doesnt matter.........but why dont you check the small print as to the drug name (not the brand) then.....look at all the other pain relievers. You will find the identical product many times over. It make look a little diff......or be in a diff box..or have a diff reputation...........But......ask the chemist. It is the same (identical product).

There are very BIG variations in the chemical formulas of products even if many (but not all) of the ingredients are the same.

If you are going to use this site to spout off a load of meaningless rubbish then play somewhere else.

gels/acrylics are all similar....There are slight variations in the chemical composition......Applying anything to the nail is not ideal. Marketing Marking is the main difference. Whats your main brand of pain relief were you live?.......Dont tell me. It doesnt matter.........but why dont you check the small print as to the drug name (not the brand) then.....look at all the other pain relievers. You will find the identical product many times over. It make look a little diff......or be in a diff box..or have a diff reputation...........But......ask the chemist. It is the same (identical product).

In alot of cases that is true and nothing new...paracetomol are paracetomol...no matter what colour the box is....BUT....that is not the case for ALL nail companies....many (top end) have their own labs.... Not ALL brands are ALL made in 1 place with different labels slapped on the bottle.

Either you can't read very well, or you have willingly chosen to ignore the important part of the argument.

A) I told you I'm not a brand snob, and I am a champion for the underdog. There are MANY no-name brands in my house. AND IN FACT, when at the pharmacy for a script, I tell them to give me the generic.
As for 'no-name' brands in my business: my polish and files are such BUT do come from a reputable and PROVEN distributor. Other products as well BUT still from a reliable and proven distributor.

Soooo quit making assumptions because you don't look very attractive with your foot in your mouth. I can't imagine it's comfortable either.

B) Why did you choose to ignore the potential risk of the possibility of MMA being present in products that are unproven, by a company that is unproven, in a country that has no control over their manufacturing?

If you feel comfortable and can sleep at night joining the ranks of the NSS, then by all means do so.
But as wisely said already, find another playground for your litter.

Ok now, I didn't mean to cause this disagreement between you guys, but may I ask please what is the conclusion?:rolleyes:
I mean do you think that the product they used on my client was somenting with MMA?
Is it responsible for creating strong artificial nails for 2 months?
Terrible indeed if that's the case, but I was just wondering if that's what you came up with. :lol:
Thank you again.
:hug:

My considered opinion is that the product was most likely something that used an MMA monomer. It sounds like the typical scenario of 30 minute full set everything done with a drill and the natural nail trashed in the process. So if clients like the 2 month thing (not they all do last 2 months) but nails that are absolutlely beaten up then I guess it may appeal. But not to me.

Thank you and I totally agree with you.I could never sleep at ease if I knew that I cause such severe damage to my client when applying artificial nails with MMA.
No matter how long it lasts it is dangerous!
Take care!
:hug:

This thread reminds me of a client i had last week
She was a beauty trainer from Australia on holidays and walked in asking if we did acrylics. I replied that we didn't, and asked if she was particulary interested in acrylics for any reason. She said she had acrylics and was looking to have them infilled, to wich i replied very few people in portugal do acrylics well, and if she wanted i could infill them with gel.
She acepted, and after she sat down she started telling me how the usually gets them infilled at a oriental owned salon, that it takes 30 min, how they use the drill for EVERYTHING, never using a hand file... HORROR!
As soon as i removed the nail polish i could see very heavy markings on the nail (certanly beacuse of drilling on the natural nail), the nails were WAY to thick, and they were completely dull.
So OK, they were fast, but was the work any good? Yes there was no lifting, and it shouldn't have been MMA as i had no trouble filing it. But the nails were HORRIBLE!
She loved the set i gave her, but still was not convinced my job was any better than he usual.
So, how can a beauty trainer walk around more than happy with 30min infilled nails that look awful?!
Beats me....

I know what you mean and it really makes me sad to see that many times people care only for the "external" and not the "internal".
Unfortunately if someone is a bit more stupborn, no matter how well you'll explain safety precautions, he'll won't be convinced.
My client was astonished when I told her that placing artificial nails will take approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes.
She had them done in the US within only half an hour and this amount of time was so convinient for her, that my time sounded too much!
She didn't care that her nail was damaged underneath(because she herself told me so when she removed it), as long as it was quick and nice looking.
What can you say!

Latest posts

Back