Nails while pregnant = good or bad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANGELPIE

Reaction score
hello everyone just would like to pick your brains!
my partner of five years and i are hoping to start a family next year, im working full time doing all beauty services but specializing in nail enhancments (l+p), i will also be getting my masters this year with creative!
What im trying to get at is health reasons for you and your unborn child while you are pregnant would you still work the same, go full time or stop nails etc altogether i dont really know alot about this so i would be extremely grateful for any advice or suggestions.
thank you

Hi hun there is no harm to you or your unborn baby with doing the nails but obviosly as it gets later on in the pregnancy it will be harder as your bump will be in the way, Kelly at Creative in milton keynes is due this month and she gave up a couple of weeks ago... i hope this helps :hug:

I personally would just take certain precautions.Ones we should all be taking anyway.
Make sure you are working in a well ventilated area,hopefully you will have an extractor, try and wear a mask.I know there is nothing to say nail products can harm unborn babies but i like to be on the side of caution especially in the first few months.
Also you get more sensetive to smells when pregnant and if you are working without proper ventilation it may make you feel a lot sicker.
Take more care of your posture when pregnant everything starts to loosen up in prep for the birth and you will be more likely to harm your back if you do not sit properly.
Good luck.

Thanx guys in very grateful its helped alot

well i,m about to pop too... i'm still working full time, it does get quite tiring doing 10/11 hour days especially in this heat. But if you love your job like i do, you find ways around it.... i sit on a rubber ring because i have tail and backache, and i have had a half moon cut out of my desk so i dont put pressure on my bump. I couldnt sit at home for the next 6 weeks on maternity, i would be bored out of my mind! i think as long as your doing majority nails and not leaning over a couch doing waxing and massage all day your fine! well i have been anyway! just makesure you have plenty of ventilation in the salon... because of monomer fumes...

I have worked throughout this pregnancy and have been fine, although the smell of the liquid got to me a bit to start with. I have just stopped working, with 5 weeks to till baby due. To uncomfortable and too much to organise!

Good luck!
:lol:

Latest posts

Back