Nailtopia Nail Stickers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Last year I invested in a really good selection of gorgeous Nailtopia nail stickers which I thought looked great but to be honest I haven't really made the most of.

On the few occasions I have used them (only on the same couple of clients) they have both found that although they looked great to start with, the top coat either yellowed quickly, spoiling the design underneath, or the raised areas started to go brown. One of them is a mum I see at the school and I have seen for myself what they go like.

Do you think it's something they are coming into contact with? Has anyone else had this problem? I used my own topcoat as I asked Nailtopia at time of ordering and they said you didn't need to buy their own topcoat.

Any ideas?

Last year I invested in a really good selection of gorgeous Nailtopia nail stickers which I thought looked great but to be honest I haven't really made the most of.

On the few occasions I have used them (only on the same couple of clients) they have both found that although they looked great to start with, the top coat either yellowed quickly, can I ask, did the top coat yellow over the whole nail, or just over the sticker?spoiling the design underneath, or the raised areas started to go brown. One of them is a mum I see at the school and I have seen for myself what they go like.

Do you think it's something they are coming into contact with? Has anyone else had this problem? I used my own topcoat as I asked Nailtopia at time of ordering and they said you didn't need to buy their own topcoat.

Any ideas?
I haven't used Nailtopia sticker a huge amount, but have to say that when I have I have never experienced any of the things that you have mentioned. I do find however that you need a couple of coats of topcoat otherwise the stickers start to move and go 'sticky' for want of a better word!

Yep, I use Nailtopia Stckers ALL the time, I have a few clients that cant get enough of them!! lol!! I apply them, making sure not to touch the underside of the sticker and then apply 2 coats of top coat!

I haven't had this problem either, I use them rarely but when I have applied them I do tell the client to "top up" on topcat every couple of days, I think Nailtopia tell you to do this too.

It could well be something that they are using. A little more digging into their lifestyles may shed some light.

Sorry I can't be much help.

Teri x:hug:

I find that when i use them on myself, I have to keep applying a coat every couple of days if I want them to last. otherwise the same thing happens.

debbie x

I haven't had this problem either, I use them rarely but when I have applied them I do tell the client to "top up" on topcat every couple of days, I think Nailtopia tell you to do this too.

It could well be something that they are using. A little more digging into their lifestyles may shed some light.

Sorry I can't be much help.

Teri x:hug:
I have used Nailtopia stickers and on the whole have found them to be absolutely fine. I have had an occasional 'smearing' where the design has 'leaked' colour into the topcoat as it is applied. Another mishap has been where the sticker/design has wrinkled after the top coat has been applied.

Like Teri, I apply double topcoat (I use Pronails Hotgloss) and I also advise my clients to apply a topcoat again in a couple of days if they want it to last longer.

I have had this problem too, but to be honest I dont think it was with Nailtopia stickers, but it was a while ago, if I remember properly it was with a dried flower I think, I know exactly what you mean though from what you describe. I had to remove them and redo the set, luckily it was only on myself though.

I havent used nailtopia stickers but have used NSI ones, i always cover them with a thin clear gel, cure and they last for ever, dont discolour and stay lookin fab.......

I use them all the time....There great on Brisa Toes, i place them on just before the last layer of gloss. They dont move and i always have to buff them off when they return 8 weeks later for a new application.

I do the same on fingers, pop a layer of gloss over them and there they stay..!

Thank you for all your replies :)

Latest posts

Back