*Name removed* training courses - beware

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Studio58

Reaction score
We had a 'marketing' text from these this morning offering micro ring and pre bonded training for £175 or £195 respectively.

Called them under the proviso of making an enquiry/booking a course and when I asked who their course was approved by they said HABIA.

I asked if I needed an NVQ 2 to be able to come on the course then? Was told no as the course doesn't include any cutting or colouring so you don't need to be a qualified hairdresser.

Oh I said, I thought HABIA only approved a hair extension course if you had a course entry pre-requisite of NVQ 2 or above. No she said and then started to waffle and told me to google micro ring extensions and I would see all about them...yes I know what they are but I am asking about your course credentials and if I can get liability insurance, and who with, from your certificate. The more I probed the more vague she became.

Anyway, having heard enough I cut the call and contacted HABIA.

This company made an application some time ago but never paid HABIA any money - so they have NEVER been accredited by HABIA for any courses. We can see why HABIA are getting out of accrediting hair ext courses, but still very unfair for legit companies who paid their £400 fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
terrible - although Habia are now offering a course to Qualified Hairdressing tutors to teach them how to train people to fit hair extensions alongside VTCT and Balmain!! Maybe that's also their reason for not renewing!! There'll be hair extensions trainers popping up all over the place but at least they'll be legitimate ones!! x

They could well be legit in terms of their qualification to teach...I dont know, but
it was the fact I was being lied to about the HABIA thing.

I knew I was being lied to, but someone looking to take a course may not.

We actually have a lady coming on one of our courses on Sat who i believe considered this company but saw through them when being spun a line!

We had a 'marketing' text from these this morning offering micro ring and pre bonded training for £175 or £195 respectively.

Called them under the proviso of making an enquiry/booking a course and when I asked who their course was approved by they said HABIA.

I asked if I needed an NVQ 2 to be able to come on the course then? Was told no as the course doesn't include any cutting or colouring so you don't need to be a qualified hairdresser.

Oh I said, I thought HABIA only approved a hair extension course if you had a course entry pre-requisite of NVQ 2 or above. No she said and then started to waffle and told me to google micro ring extensions and I would see all about them...yes I know what they are but I am asking about your course credentials and if I can get liability insurance, and who with, from your certificate. The more I probed the more vague she became.

Anyway, having heard enough I cut the call and contacted HABIA.

This company made an application some time ago but never paid HABIA any money - so they have NEVER been accredited by HABIA for any courses. We can see why HABIA are getting out of accrediting hair ext courses, but still very unfair for legit companies who paid their £400 fee.

Sorry but this story seems quiet elaborate, why would a training company contact another training company with a marketing text, why would Habia, tell you that information. I know from personal experience they would not and are not allowed to disclose that information to you or anybody else. They can tell you if a course is approved or you can see on their website but they will not tell you the company made an application and never paid Habia etc.

Sorry but this story seems quiet elaborate, why would a training company contact another training company with a marketing text, why would Habia, tell you that information. I know from personal experience they would not and are not allowed to disclose that information to you or anybody else. They can tell you if a course is approved or you can see on their website but they will not tell you the company made an application and never paid Habia etc.

OK, I am not going to spend too long on this, but you are essentially calling us a liar.

The marketing text was forwarded to us by Nikki who works for us offering our mobile extension service.

I couldn't care less about your 'personal experience' but I did speak to HABIA, gave them the name of the company, they looked them up and were happy to tell me that XXX company was not approved and that they had applied but never paid the £XXX fee that genuine companies like ours have done.

So dont go telling me what they will and wont tell me unless you were party to the actual telephone conversation - it happened simple.

If your post is a veiled accusation about us trying to promote ourselves then you couldnt be more wrong. I posted the thread because we are frankly angry at companies like this making these type of claims when we have gone through the accreditation process and put our hand in our pocket to do so.

I couldn't care less about your 'personal experience' but I did speak to HABIA,

So dont go telling me what they will and wont tell me unless you were party to the actual telephone .

Wow, that is a very nice response. From a training provider! Wow.

Jurate xx

Wow, that is a very nice response. From a training provider! Wow.

Jurate xx

The response is based on the accusatory nature of the post without knowing anything about the facts.

In our opinion the post was intentionally inflammatory.

Personally I'm quite surprised that HABIA would've divulged this private information ref if a company has or hasn't paid. That person who told you could be hauled over the coals tbh as this is private and confidential.

However I know that not everyone does everything by the book and nothing ceases to amaze me these days.

OK, I am not going to spend too long on this, but you are essentially calling us a liar.

The marketing text was forwarded to us by Nikki who works for us offering our mobile extension service.

I couldn't care less about your 'personal experience' but I did speak to HABIA, gave them the name of the company, they looked them up and were happy to tell me that XXX company was not approved and that they had applied but never paid the £XXX fee that genuine companies like ours have done.

So dont go telling me what they will and wont tell me unless you were party to the actual telephone conversation - it happened simple.

If your post is a veiled accusation about us trying to promote ourselves then you couldnt be more wrong. I posted the thread because we are frankly angry at companies like this making these type of claims when we have gone through the accreditation process and put our hand in our pocket to do so.

Before I start this I must say your response as a training provider is on the verge of shocking! Never mind unprofessional.

I have just told you, they are not allowed to say that - that simple! I purely passed comment on how they are not allowed to say for confidential and professional reasons and they have just confirmed this to me on the phone, call 08452306080, they say you can check on the website or will check over the phone, but we can not give you details regarding anybody previous applications or current application under any circumstances - inline with any other awarding bodies, even if I am a Habia customer "like you", no not even if you have a cpd approved course (full stop!) and certainly would never say that a company has made an application but failed to make a payment, I must say they was shocked that a cpd member would say such a thing on a forum page.

I am not calling you a liar, I am telling you how it is!

You are the one who has taken offense, because your story was a little elaborate and anyone in the correct mind knows they can not discuss issues like this with outsiders. It absolutely baffles me why a so called professional training company would want to spend this amount of time keep writing post like this. Why would you be trying to promote yourself on a hair forum? I never said that.

The response is based on the accusatory nature of the post without knowing anything about the facts.

In our opinion the post was intentionally inflammatory.

Not at all, I could not care what you do. Just told you that it just did not seem right and you took offense.

Anyway, thanks for enlightening us about the company with no name. Nothing more to be said now is there?

The conversation happened, pure and simple.

Whether it should have happened, another matter.

I did take offence at your comments simply because you are essentially saying we fabricated the whole.

Anyway, thanks for enlightening us about the company with no name. Nothing more to be said now is there?

The name was removed by mods.

We have had enough girls come on courses, having previously attended courses & then found themselves unable to get insured, to feel that this type of thing matters.

There are enough conversations on here about our industry not being governed closely enough, so if companies are taking good money from 'students' without being honest about their credentials then that would seem unfair at best.

The conversation happened, pure and simple.

Whether it should have happened, another matter.

I did take offence at your comments simply because you are essentially saying we fabricated the whole.

Well I am told differently but I find it absolutely pointless arguing with you.

Like I said I was only expressing my opinion and the telephone conversation I had with them, that's it! xx

The name was removed by mods.

We have had enough girls come on courses, having previously attended courses & then found themselves unable to get insured, to feel that this type of thing matters.

There are enough conversations on here about our industry not being governed closely enough, so if companies are taking good money from 'students' without being honest about their credentials then that would seem unfair at best.

Yes I know they removed it.

What I'm saying is its hard to have a debate on this without seeing the name of the company, though I fully understand why it's been removed. It's a shame we can't name and shame but if we could then we would be opening up a whole can of worms for a lot of people resulting in possible court action.

The problem is there are many training companies out there who are not doing things by the book. It makes many of us very angry as you clearly are.

My point about nothing more to say, was regarding you and the other poster arguing when this is a professional forum. It doesn't look good and it wasn't even a healthy debate more like a slagging off mission between the two of you.

If you want to get your point across then making your posts so personal isn't really the way to do it.

It matters very much about companies ripping students off, I for one have often emailed companies asking for example how they seriously can claim to be able to train someone up to be a fully qualified therapist in say 5 days, that's ncluding massage. I have asked about if their courses are credited and with whom as well but usually they manage to evade the questions.

Am closing, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back