Nano ring help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah@

Reaction score
Hi I've just recently qualified in nano rings and was just after some advice. I have done 5 full heads so far and around 15-20 have come out in 2 weeks in each client. What reason could there be? I put as much hair in the nano as it allows and clamp down with my hair pliers l. I also shampoo the hair with no conditioner prior to application. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks!

Could be the applicator you're using, your technique, etc. Since you're fresh out of training it might be worth getting in touch with the company you trained with for advice. Some people think it's acceptable to lose a certain % within a set period. Personally, unless there's a problem with aftercare, I think it's down to how they've been applied if any are lost in the first 8 weeks.

Hi I've just recently qualified in nano rings and was just after some advice. I have done 5 full heads so far and around 15-20 have come out in 2 weeks in each client. What reason could there be? I put as much hair in the nano as it allows and clamp down with my hair pliers l. I also shampoo the hair with no conditioner prior to application. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi Sarah,
I have been a national trainer for many years so I thought I'd like to offer some possible improvements you might try. First thing is make sure you use silicone lined nano rings. The non lined ones are very liable to fall out. Secondly take enough hair into the section. You can get lots in a tiny nano, far more than you think. :) Then give your client very comprehensive aftercare advice.. she needs to know everything about not pulling in any way on those rings. Give her techniques that will remove all pulling. Make sure she is using effective products that don't allow any tangling at all. finally teach her to expect some loss... you are right that 15 - 20 is far too many in two weeks, but make sure clients know there will be some. And that if there is lots you will work with them to decrease that number in the future.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.
Linda

Thankyou that's very helpful. I don't use silicone lined ones so I'll try them!
Thanks
Sarah

Thankyou that's very helpful. I don't use silicone lined ones so I'll try them!
Thanks
Sarah
The silicone lined ones are much better! I only use them and so far my client has had her hair in two weeks and hasn't lost any. Good luck x

I only use silicone lined. No slippage at all with them. It is the safer choice.

Also it may be your pliers, some pliers don't put a lot of pressure on the ring when you squeeze down, causing it to be loose and then fall out.
I also second that you need to use silicone lined rings.

Hope this helps.:)

Also it may be your pliers, some pliers don't put a lot of pressure on the ring when you squeeze down, causing it to be loose and then fall out.
I also second that you need to use silicone lined rings.

Hope this helps.:)

Could I ask what pliers you use for nano's please? X

Could I ask what pliers you use for nano's please? X
Hi I've got full stainless steel ones and ones that curve at the ends X

Latest posts

Back