Nano rings? 90% smaller than micro rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShannonJo

Reaction score
Ok so I'm just looking at lusciouslox website, I like the look of the nano rings, but I don't understand what hair has got to be used surely normal prebonded stick tips will be humongous compared to them.

Has anyone used them?

Any anyone got any advice orfurther information? X

I was a bit hasty I've read it through and I'm very confused, so you need to purchase the kit and the video, regardless weather you watch it or not you get a certificate and become a stockist? For £810?

One thing I'm still confused about is do they actually sell or stock the nano tips or do they all have to be pretipped using hair you have to send in before hand?

So confused.,. Help! X

Ive just had a look... Confuseddddd!!! I was confused reading your post so googled them to see what you mean... Didnt get as far as registering to see prices!! Strange!

I kind of understand that the hair lasts 1-2 years and is reusable, fitted with small nano rings which to be fair does look good. They can also pretip hair into nano strands, but these are the things I can understand:

1. What hair can generally last 2 years without being altered to a more manufactured structure
2. How do they make the strands the same size as normal tips and double the size when it will hang on a small piece of hair that fits through the nano ring?
3. It's over £800 for a video on how to fit them, regardless of weather you watch it you get a certificate and and become a stockist along with the 120 strands of hair for a full head and obviously other equipment?
4. They have a section saying basically anyone can purchase the hair with a video on how to fit? Surely this is causing more issues on bad fittings for hairdressers and extensionists to sort out?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of it but I just can't get my head around the above, seems very strange to me!

Does anyone know if what I have said is correct? This is just what I have figured out after a quick flick through, if so I apologise for being incorrect. Just trying to understand the training situation and who this is aimed at, professionals or DIY?

Can't understand*** (first line)

The extension pieces are rolled into a small stick tip but also have a very small wire loop sticking out the top and it is that which is clamped into the nano ring not the actual hair itself.

There is a geek on here Lusiouslox I think who obviously uses this method... I had a look a couple of years ago and although very interesting wasn't a plausable option at that time. I may look again though :wink2:

Good points and bad points would love to know more for anyone who uses them or....? X

The extension pieces are rolled into a small stick tip but also have a very small wire loop sticking out the top and it is that which is clamped into the nano ring not the actual hair itself.

There is a geek on here Lusiouslox I think who obviously uses this method... I had a look a couple of years ago and although very interesting wasn't a plausable option at that time. I may look again though :wink2:

I ha a sample about a year ago and you would have to put loads in!

Also ain't they based in Australia?

Yeah that's what I thought although they advertise double thickness strands surely that's too much weight on the few strands that can fit within the nano ring? And yes, they have uk site though with uk products and uk stockists.

I once found someone who ha made their own tips like the nano ones if I can find it I will post the I s on here

Yeah would be good to see what hair can be done with the nano rings cus they do look good, just find the actual service confusing. Can you make your own bonds to fit as nano rings are their products?

I just registered with these and revived a new customer 50% off their evaluation course so no doubt everyone will get the same thing. It's coming to £308 now. Looks interesting if it is as good as they say x

I just registered with these and revived a new customer 50% off their evaluation course so no doubt everyone will get the same thing. It's coming to £308 now. Looks interesting if it is as good as they say x

Sorry if I'm being really silly I don't know what you mean? :) hehe! X

Talking of small micro rings, what size rings does everyone use for normal stick tip hair?

I use 5mm and I think they are massive!! Does dropping the size to 4.5mm make much difference?

What would you recommend?

Sorry if I'm being really silly I don't know what you mean? :) hehe! X

Lol sorry I went on and registered with luscious lox and they sent an email saying because I was new I could get 50% off of an evaluation kit from them just to let anyone know that wanted to do it they would probably get the same email if the register. I hope that makes sense l x

Yeah it does - sorry was having one of those moments where you just stare at something and just cant work it out...

is that kit just to try the products or is that to ''train'' in them?

i registered and got like 8 emails through in one go so read about 3 and gave up lol x

Yeah it does - sorry was having one of those moments where you just stare at something and just cant work it out...

is that kit just to try the products or is that to ''train'' in them?

i registered and got like 8 emails through in one go so read about 3 and gave up lol x

Lol yea I got loads too! It's basically a few bits and a pretty little certificate so you can claim to have trained. Think they expect you to have a watch of their YouTube video and crack on! Ok for already qualified micro ringers I suppose but looks like anyone could do it :-/ x

Lol yea I got loads too! It's basically a few bits and a pretty little certificate so you can claim to have trained. Think they expect you to have a watch of their YouTube video and crack on! Ok for already qualified micro ringers I suppose but looks like anyone could do it :-/ x

By that I mean anyone could buy the kit not do micro rings lol x

By that I mean anyone could buy the kit not do micro rings lol x

Yep totally agree like I said above the fact that some people fit extensions and mess peoples hair up purely because they watch a YouTube video which is a major problem and also how can I person fit their own like the videos say? Ridiculous! I said on another threat; a professionals job should not be shown and taught on YouTube, there is a reason why technicians are trained, it's not because we like to waste money but we could sit in front of YouTube all day! With regards to these YouTube videos we are talking about, who said they'd even watch them so they are qualified regardless? You'll end up with people with no proper training fitting extensions... Oh god!

Sorry rant over! Lol c

Yep totally agree like I said above the fact that some people fit extensions and mess peoples hair up purely because they watch a YouTube video which is a major problem and also how can I person fit their own like the videos say? Ridiculous! I said on another threat; a professionals job should not be shown and taught on YouTube, there is a reason why technicians are trained, it's not because we like to waste money but we could sit in front of YouTube all day! With regards to these YouTube videos we are talking about, who said they'd even watch them so they are qualified regardless? You'll end up with people with no proper training fitting extensions... Oh god!

Sorry rant over! Lol c

Lol I know it's frustrating!! I do both bonds and micro rings and have paid for it then you get this sort of thing where anyone can have a go after watching or not watching a video! I've not been doing it on my own very long and probably have more tips etc to pick up but I put everything into being good at it and I've removed a few bad set already! It's infuriating really and so many people have been put off by these YouTube Extensionists!! I hear you totally lol xx

Latest posts

Back