Natural & DIRTY

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princessmowgli

Reaction score
I have done a few sets recently using natural tips & gel. My blending has come on leaps & bounds since reading Geeg tutorials THANKS.
My problem is that when they are done they could look much better if it wasn't for the grubby greyness under the tip.
I'm assuming this is dust. I use scrubfresh throughout my routine & as I don't have a dust filter I do change my towel when neccessary.
I use Aktentz gel.

Is there any advice as to what to change/try as other than this I'm progressing quite well.

Sonia

The greyness could be from the colour of the tips you are using........
Try using clear tips........... the white will be stunning underneath the nail.............
HTH

Another thought, could it be the glue? I use pink gel bond. perhaps a different shade (?) of builder gel would disguise this.

Ruth, would a clear tip not emphasise as opposed to disguise the problem? You are the proffessional but this has confused me somewhat, I'm not ?ing your judgement but more requiring an explanation. Thanking you sooo much.

Sonia

just another idea (maynot help though) are u using a new file every time? if so the colour could be coming off slightly. maybe try rubbing 2 new files together just to take the sharpness/excess off. also, u could ask ur client to wash her hands after all the buffing down before the geling. hope u get it sorted:|

Hi babe, I replied to your first post, with the assumption, that you where using Pink and white Gel.....

Silly of me to assume anything really...........

So lets start again and lets find out:
Where is the greyness??? all over the underneath or is it just a grey band under the nail............???
So are you asking about tip discolouration or shadowing?????

To much scrubfresh on tips will lead to cracking of tips, so go easy there ( just a thought)

Pink gelbond is brill , because it reduces shadowing, but you only need a little bit, if it oozes out from under the tip, then thats to much..........

So tell me exactly where this grey is lol.................
Cheers

Latest posts

Back