Natural Nail Damage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelemacca

Nails by Chele
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've not been around the site for a while, and in fact haven't done any nails for a while, so last week I decided i would try and do my own nails as I'd paid to have them done a couple of times and hadn't been happy with the result.

Well I did them and was very pleased with the results considering I'd done my own. Last Friday night I noticed a little dot appearing just below my smile line in the middle on my little finger and thought somehow it was lifting.

When I got up Saturday morning my nail and finger was really quite sore and my natural nail underneath was beginning to go red. I buffed off my nail to try and find out what it was, the redness got worse and it was very tender to touch. It seems now to be damage to the nail plate that I may have done when buffing off my nail on saturday and not realising I'd already gone through to the acrylic. I'm still none the wiser as to what the dot was or the redness that had appeared over night. I did everything correctly so am at a total loss.

My main question here is, do I put another nail on to protect my natural nail, my other nails are still on, or do I leave it bare and keep coating it in solar oil???

I'm pretty sure I've seen the answer to this question on here before, but I couldn't find it when I did a search so if it is on here my apologies for asking again.

Thanks

Chele xx

if i were you then i'd apply another enhancement and then apply solar oil as often as possible! providing the nail isn't presenting itself with contra-indications!

Thanks for that Sandi.

It doesn't appear to be anything other than red and a bit bumpy to be honest, I can't see any contra-indications appearing or there already.

xxxx

Latest posts

Back