Natural nail overlay gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi
Was on the young nails website there and it seems that they have 2 different gel systems - synergy and mani-q.
Mani-q seems ot be for natural nail overlays, which is what I do, along with some colour.
Am I right or wrong in thinking that there is a different system for NNO than there is for enhancements? Is this the same with every gel?

I'm using NSI for my overlays at the minute and I'm having big probs. They always seem to crack at the tips. It's starting to get me down when I see a client come through the door wanting her nails fixed.

Any help would be appreciated geeks.
I really want to get this right.
xxxxx

Hiya,

Have you looked at NCO London gels?

I never seem to have any trouble with clients coming back with cracks / brakages, and they have a wide range of colours etc...

Bky

synergie is a hard,file off gel.
manique is a soft soak off gel.

its not that synergie is unsuitable for natural nail averlays, more that manique is JUST for natural nail overlays.

hard gels are suitable for all types of applications.
but SOME soak off gels are not strong enough to be used for anything other than a natural nail overlay.

for my soak off gel i choose lechats nobility gel as i find it capable of overlays AND tips and sculpts of moderate length when done with the right method.

Hi

I also use NSI and am having nothing but problems with cracking at the tips, am about to give up, want to change to a different gel but don't know which one, wish you could get cheap trial kits that would be the answer I think.

How long have you been using NSI?

I know exactly how you feel.

Becky

I use both Synergie and Mani-Q by Young nails and they are both great. The Mani-Q is for NNO only and is lovely and natural and very flexible. It's horses for courses really.

Sheila xx:)

Hi,
I too have NSI Balance gel system, but rarely use it now, I too found that it would crack or shatter.
But it was on my own nails I feel they were too long for that particular gel. Probably not the fault of the gel...just me with over long nails!!!
So now it will be used up on toes.
I changed over to Creative's Brisa gel last year it is fab, I think it must have more flex in it, but still tough.
I love it also because, there is no heat spike from it, which I have ocassionally found with other brands.
I did also buy Le Chat Nobility as a soak off, but haven't really used it, so to be fair can't comment on that, really should give it another try out.
Lotsa luv x x :hug: x x

I use young nails products and bought both the synergie and mani-q and found the mani-q really unusual, its great for toes, it lasts and lasts and just gives a little extra strength the nails look completely natural and takes no time at all the apply.

The synergie gels are amazing, They are thick, but self levelling and stay put, I have had NO lifting, NO cracking and NO nail losses (bar one where she had tremedously bitten nails and opened that can of coke!:lol:you know the one!) I am totally impressed with it and yes they do a trial kit for about £17 that does 7 sets of nails (approx) which is what I got, my clients are really happy with their nails which last and last.

Young Nails is very very popular in America and Australia, but I havent heard of many users on here so far.

I would like to hear from anyone who uses Young Nails, please PM me :green:

Zoe x

Latest posts

Back