Quantcast

Natural nail split -due for Shellac tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

ally___pally

Reaction score
hi all, I have a client tomorrow who has just text to say her natural nail is split.
am I right in thinking if the split is it open I could patch over it with acrylic . but if it is dry ad I should leave it alone . would putting shellac straight over it be pointless ? any advice greatly appreciated

mrspip

Reaction score
hi all, I have a client tomorrow who has just text to say her natural nail is split.
am I right in thinking if the split is it open I could patch over it with acrylic . but if it is dry ad I should leave it alone . would putting shellac straight over it be pointless ? any advice greatly appreciated
Just jumping as I would like to know the best way for this to

cabby

Reaction score
Holly did a nail repair on utube with silk very easy to do have a look xxx

SwissSassy

Pédicure Diplômée - Pédi Suisse
Reaction score
I had a lady yesterday with a (closed) split in her nail and used Holly's nail repair video as a guide with Shellac. It really was easy to do but only time will tell if it helps. Good luck.

abicrunch

Reaction score
Hi

I have had this many times before and my sister in law just came to me with a bad split right the way across her nail. If it broke right off it would have hurt so much. So what I do is make sure you clean it thoroughly, then I apply the acrylic straight over it. It works like a plaster. Then I put shellac over the top of the acrylic. HTH. Ax

@CutieCoolNails

Reaction score
I get this a lot, I always repair it with a small section of fibreglass (or silk if you don't have that). Works perfect :cool:

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
Hi

I have had this many times before and my sister in law just came to me with a bad split right the way across her nail. If it broke right off it would have hurt so much. So what I do is make sure you clean it thoroughly, then I apply the acrylic straight over it. It works like a plaster. Then I put shellac over the top of the acrylic. HTH. Ax[/QUOTE

Sorry for jumping in but how much extra would you charge to apply acrylic over the split? Or would you not? X

EmJZ

Reaction score
along with the great fingernail fixer video there is also a great article in this months NailPro mag that talks about how to fix various nail issues including cracks with fiberglass or silk. here's a link to the article

Nailpro - June 2012

Elaine143a

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry for jumping in but how much extra would you charge to apply acrylic over the split? Or would you not? X

Personally, if she is a regular client, and this is not a regular occurence, I would just do the fibreglass/silk repair free of charge. It only takes a minute or so, and shows good customer service imo. I would, however, let her know that this is something you do not usually do, and if it happens again you will need to charge her. I would only add £couple to service treatment in the future, depending on how long it takes.

hth and good luck, let us know how you get on - I've found these repairs usually work great, although you should tell her to take extra care with that finger. xx

amurphy105

Reaction score
I have a client w natural splits up her nails. I apply a traditional gel to even it out, and then my soak off gel. We have to re-apply the traditional gel every month or so.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

ally___pally

Reaction score
hi all!
I didn't have any silk or fibreglass so I patches the split with a small thin layer of of acrylic which did the job perfectly.

thank you for all your advice
ally

Boop

Reaction score
does anyone have a link for this video please?

SwissSassy

Pédicure Diplômée - Pédi Suisse
Reaction score

Boop

Reaction score
Thanks SwissSaskia!

Latest posts