Natural shedding in hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi_wales

Reaction score
Hi everyone, did my first set of extensions on a girl 4 weeks ago and did a courtesy message asking how she was getting on a few weeks ago,
her reply was she was really happy and was hardly having to style them now but they were itching from time to time but wernt hurting at all or feeling tight and it didnt even feel like she had extra hair and heavy. i put the itching down to when it was due to wash becuase my head itches when my hair is greasy.

anyway had a message off her this morning saying
'hey ive noticed that a lot of my hairs are coimg out from the root on every bond, is that normal? im scared lol xx'

she was a hair extension 'virgin' and i explained about shedding on consultation, i have messaged her back saying well you are due maintenance in the next 2 weeks so i can have a look also sent her a link on shedding via message to put her mind at rest. i asked is it more than she would lose over 4 weeks of washing and brushing but no reply yet.
Im guessing though from her saying its in every bond that it is just her natural shed becuase it it was from tension it wouldnt have been on all of them.

what do u think girlys xxxxx

have you seen her yet? if it was from tension from sections being too small or too tight or even a medical reason, ie. aneamia or on a medication that could cause hair loss it could be her hair coming out in the bonds and not natural hair loss, however you wont know untill you see her if i was you id want to get her in asap and tell her to keep the ones that have come out so you can examine them if it looks like they are pulling her hair out with the extensions remove them immediately x

also check for stress to her scalp ie red bumps and irritation and severe itching these are all not good signs and they need removing

thanks for the reply, i have asked her if we can bring the maintenance forward and the reply ive had is, ill have to get back to you when i have cash, she was one of the ones i did just charging to supply the hair and getting her to pay to £100 for that was a struggle x

Latest posts

Back