Natural virgin 7 hair to ash blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissmorleyx

Reaction score
My client has natural virgin base 7 hair and she wants to be a champagne/beige blonde.
I was thinking of using 9/1 or 9/16 with 9% wella koleston to achieve this as i feel i will achieve a beige using ash tones as it wont go to warm then.

Any suggestions?

I'd probably prelighten it first - lifting with a tint is pretty much always going to give you a warm result. In theory yes it should work... But when you actually do it, it comes out very brassy and coppery x

Do you think it would be better to take the all over colour to 8.1 rather than 9.1 with 9% or 6% then give her some bleach foils to brighten? X

You definitely could do that, it would work, but you'll have a harsher regrowth if all of the hair is coloured - whereas with a full head of back to back foils you'll get her nice and blonde but with a much softer contrast when the roots come through x

I disagree with mr geniusm I would use 9.12 if she has no grey with 30 vol xx will lift up cool x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

10.13 in fudge headpaint is gorgeous champagne blonde.x

Change of plan! She wants to be verrrrry blonde.
So im thinking full head bleach and 12/81 for a very light ash blonde.
Any other nice combos?

Only use wella koleston really, love the shades!

Change of plan! She wants to be verrrrry blonde.
So im thinking full head bleach and 12/81 for a very light ash blonde.
Any other nice combos?

Only use wella koleston really, love the shades!

12.89 high lift to tone???

Do a fill head tint with a 12 and 12% then you could always add in a couple of bleach foils at some point- much easier than full head bleach

You said your client is level 7, forget 12/81 use 12/16 + 12%

I was considering 12/16 love the colour result and have used it on lighter virgin hair before. Its beautiful

12.89 high lift to tone???

I would add the the highlift to the bleach as ive done this before and as it lifts it tones rather than having to do the full head bleach then apply toner as a tint as that woukd be a lengthier process x

Wat????!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

??? I was taught this at college 2 years ago...
Never had problems with it.

When i say i mix bleach and highlift i only add a squirt it helps tone.

If she wants to be really blonde then I'd recommend a full head of prelightener foils and build it up that way - I'm not personally keen on high lifts, as i don't feel they produce the same clean result as bleach even on light bases.

Also, if you apply a colour all over her hair you're going to have a very unflattering block of colour - it won't look natural x

I would add the the highlift to the bleach as ive done this before and as it lifts it tones rather than having to do the full head bleach then apply toner as a tint as that woukd be a lengthier process x

No. You do not do this, just like you do not tone with high lift tint.

You can purchase products that can bleach and tone together following the instructions correctly, I wouldn't go making up your own cocktails with bleach & highlift that go against manufacturers instructions. Unpredictable results & damaged hair!

You'll be far better off using prelightener and a nice low strength developer, in the conventional way, then toning with a conditioning quasi afterwards - that way you'll have full control over how light you lift the hair, and you can choose what you tone it with, where you apply the toner, and how long you leave it on for. With 2 step prelightening and toning you have the power to control the process yourself, instead of being limited by the capabilities of a high lift tint. Some clients may not even need toning if they lift particularly clean x

Latest posts

Back