need a gel that can stand up for itself!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud

Reaction score
Hi guys - this has prob been discussed before - and the answer is probably in my brain somewhere but here goes (soz!)...:o

I use biosculpture at the mo - mainly for overlays, but am doing more and more sculptures (on odd nails that break). Many of my clients struggle to keep a sculpture on for very long (most only go 2wks between rebalances). SO!! I did a full set of sculpts on myself - looked great! lasted about 5days before they started bending and tearing slightly at the side wall stress point.:irked:

* I know some of you use biosculpture as well as brisa (and prob some other products) so wondered what you use which gel for and why?

* I also wanted to know how quick / easy it will be for me to convert to brisa? So I can start offering it to my poor bendy-nailed clients sooner rather than later!!

* I do want to do a full coonversion to CND at some point but from doing l&p with star nails i realise that's gona take quite some time to master, and i've NEVER done silk / fibreglass, so would be starting from scratch there as well. Can a 'creative' geek advice the best way of structuring my future 're'-education please?!?!:confused:

phew! ta guys i know it's a long one:zzz:

hi laura
if ur a gel tech 1st & foremost then u will b able to do a 1 day Brisa conversion, as u will not need basic tuition such as tip application etc.
as for l & p, if u qualify for the conversion class i.e. you've held a recognised qualification in l & p for at least 1 yr, then u can do the 1 day conversion with that also.
however, conversion is not about receiving tuition, it's about learning how to get the best from cnd products.
it will however give your educator an idea where your skill levels lie, & if necessary u can have some 1-1 tuition to raise your level of skill.
if you feel your level of skill in l & p is quite poor, u may well b better of doing the foundation class.
phone leeds on 0113 275 0433, & speak to the education advisors who will guide you.
good luck, hope this helps
liza smith
creative educator kent.

Hi

We use bio loads in the salon but i have to say mainly for overlays, it has a very loyal client following. However i use brisa for sculpts and tip and overlay as its much stronger. when i sculpt with it though i do do a good c-curve and i find no probs with it. The two gels seem to combine well one offers what the other doesn't and vise versa.

thanks tracy, thought it was you that used both - couldn't remember!!

Just out of interest why don't you overlay with brisa as much as bios?

Also, do you also use silk/fibreglass & l&p?? If so, Which systems?

Thanks hun :)

hi Laura

Don't really have much call for wraps, our clients prefer the stronger systems. I am trialling brisa on my own nails as a natural overlay at the moment as i have had some chipping when using the POW so before i promote it to my clients i want to give it a really good battering on my own nails. Been on a couple of days, so far so good. I prefer the Brisa on my nails as i find bio far to flexible for me ( :o being a bit of a nibbler :rolleyes: ) i know i can put it in my mouth so i do. where as brisa is harder and i know if i do i will spoil it!
:Scared:
Time will tell!

Ez-Flow are bringing out a new gel which will be out feb, Its called Gel it and looks fab.
Look at Jess's pic that she posted on gel it.

Well I initally trained with CND's Brisa gel after 5 years of using CND L&P. and I thought it was the bees knees.

untill I tried Christrio gel products. This is the best Gel ever.

I think the website is www.Christrio.com

Linda

The company is in USA. They do say they have distributors in UK - do you know who they are and how I can get product catalogue and price list etc from them.

Well i must say i love Akzentz, but i have'nt tried CND because it kind of hard to get here. They have lots of diferent types of gels. Bonding, Building, Moldeling, Trilite (wich is my fav one, self-leveling and very glossy), and top gloss. They also have French white and Ultra White, and a builder french white witch is great to sculpt because it's very stong!

on the back of the christrio brochure i picked up at gmex
the uk distributor is
experience day spa 01255243100

The distributor for Christrio is Experience Day spa contact number 01255 243100
NeetNailz said:
Linda

The company is in USA. They do say they have distributors in UK - do you know who they are and how I can get product catalogue and price list etc from them.

Hi
I use Cesars Secrets Millenium gel and that can stand up for itself as far as I am aware they offer free workshops for techs wanting to convert :) What have you got to lose why don't you give jackie a call 0161 286 3515 I am sure they do them all over the place.

Latest posts

Back