Need advice on some hair extensions I put in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottish_girl

Reaction score
HI there, I fitted some hair extensions about a week ago for a lady, she sent me a private message saying she'd went to a hairdresser as they needed cut and the hairdresser said they were put in wrong (I put them in the way I was trained to and had no other problems as of yet) basically she said they had been sore when wet, but didn't tell me this otherwise id of looked at them to see what the problem. so anyway few days on and she said she wanted her fitting fee refunded and the hair removed to which I was fine about, now she said cause she has a busy schedule she don't no when she would have time to get them out and I replied that before I refunded the money id need to remove the extensions.....

today I get another message saying that (with a picture attached) she has removed the hair herself and wants me to transfer the money to her bank, ive said i'll do this....

what shud I do or would I be best to do?

Do not give a refund. She should have come back to you for you to assess.

I agree, do not give her a refund, explain to her that as you have not been able to see what the problem is and she has taken them out there's nothing you can do x

im worried she'll start bad mouthing me

Unfortunately there will always be clients like her that will never be happy, and they will prob bad mouth you to a few friends, but keep up the good work and people will see that you are good and not listen to those people x

No way would I refund ... Could be. Chancer and she should've given you the opportunity to look correct or act as you saw fit
I always have a clause in my consultation form to say I hold no liability to the extensions if not removed by me (even other extensionists) there's no telling the lengths that some will go to

What method was applied ? Dnt give her a refund as she removed them herself

I'm sorry but you kicked yourself in the foot by saying you will transfer the refund. If a client isn't happy they must return to the person who originally done the job, if after rectification the client still isnt happy ( this is for people in salons more than home/ mobile) another stylist should be given the client to rectify, should that fail its a refund minus cost. If the client goes elsewhere for rectification first or attempts a DIY job all guarantees or good will is void xoxo

I'm sorry but you kicked yourself in the foot by saying you will transfer the refund. If a client isn't happy they must return to the person who originally done the job, if after rectification the client still isnt happy ( this is for people in salons more than home/ mobile) another stylist should be given the client to rectify, should that fail its a refund minus cost. If the client goes elsewhere for rectification first or attempts a DIY job all guarantees or good will is void xoxo

Totally agree.
The minute you agree to a refund you accept you've done a 'bad' job even though that may not of been the case, you will never know as you didn't see them!

So un professional of that hairdresser to say 'these have been applied wrong'
Every body's different, uses different techniques, different ways of styling.

Why did she go to have them cut anyway? Did you not do this after fitting?

I've been in a similar position (on the day I had her deposit already and purchase hair then on the day I applied whole lot and last row she calls me aside into lounge and days her bf has gone with the money to pay me!! I was so shocked I said look ok drop it to my mums before 7pm) 10 to 7 she's still not here so I go back to her house and say either she pays me or I remove the whole lot now) in the end her mum paid me.

During this time I "lost " my iPhone and then her friend and their friend miraculously found it next to my car (in a foot of snow). Not impressed!!

So then I get call after call saying her hairdresser said they aren't put in right, they are too low...they were nano rings and sit lower and as far as I know only 1 other person in Northern Ireland is qualified and its not her hairdresser.

Then she complains she paid for a full head and only got half!! She had over 150 bonds in but that was all could fit. And she's already coloured the hair.

This went on for a few days then I just said look ill refund you!!! To get her off my back and stop her bad mouthing me.

I shouldn't of done this bit hated the thought of her saying bad things...

Now I'm a lot tougher!!!

Happens to all of us at some point!!
I had a girl before christmas who was a right pain!! I fitted her 160 bonds, in a 20". When I had finsihed cuttinf them in she wanted them shorter said they was to long, cut all in again, wanted more off! I said to her then she should of opted for the shorter length (lengths had been shown to her with strands of hair at her consultation). Cut all in again then she was happy. The next day had a phone call the hair is to long so she came back, with dripping wet hair, so not following aftercare to dry bonds to start with) I cut all in again and go over all the aftercare again (she had an aftercare advice sheet). Well one week later she cant cope with them. So I told her to come round I would help her out, cut them down more if she wants, show her how to dry and style etc etc. She didnt come round. One more week later she wants them removed! I told her to come round and let me help her again. She dont turn up. She then said I should remove them for free, which I said I couldnt do. She had decided she didnt want them any more so its not me at fault. Well Then she rings up saying her hair is totally matted. I ask her what products she has been using to find out she had been using Bed Head products and styling wax! A total no go!! So again I said this wasnt me at fault as the products she had been using were totally wrong. (I spoke to fixy a few times to double check everything I had said was correct as she mad me start to doubt myself!!
She then started to remove herself. After 33 text message and 21 missed calls (battery had died and we was having a powercut) she decided to totally bad mouth me all over facebook, saying that I wasnt qualified and insured, which I am, and that I gave her bad quality hair, I use foxy hair which I wear myslef, and apparently I have not helped her out at all so she now has a bob as she put it all in a pony tale and cut it off!!!! I still offered to help her after all this to get her natural hair in a style she was happy with!!

Some people are just out to ruin others Im afraid!!

Happens to all of us at some point!!
I had a girl before christmas who was a right pain!! I fitted her 160 bonds, in a 20". When I had finsihed cuttinf them in she wanted them shorter said they was to long, cut all in again, wanted more off! I said to her then she should of opted for the shorter length (lengths had been shown to her with strands of hair at her consultation). Cut all in again then she was happy. The next day had a phone call the hair is to long so she came back, with dripping wet hair, so not following aftercare to dry bonds to start with) I cut all in again and go over all the aftercare again (she had an aftercare advice sheet). Well one week later she cant cope with them. So I told her to come round I would help her out, cut them down more if she wants, show her how to dry and style etc etc. She didnt come round. One more week later she wants them removed! I told her to come round and let me help her again. She dont turn up. She then said I should remove them for free, which I said I couldnt do. She had decided she didnt want them any more so its not me at fault. Well Then she rings up saying her hair is totally matted. I ask her what products she has been using to find out she had been using Bed Head products and styling wax! A total no go!! So again I said this wasnt me at fault as the products she had been using were totally wrong. (I spoke to fixy a few times to double check everything I had said was correct as she mad me start to doubt myself!!
She then started to remove herself. After 33 text message and 21 missed calls (battery had died and we was having a powercut) she decided to totally bad mouth me all over facebook, saying that I wasnt qualified and insured, which I am, and that I gave her bad quality hair, I use foxy hair which I wear myslef, and apparently I have not helped her out at all so she now has a bob as she put it all in a pony tale and cut it off!!!! I still offered to help her after all this to get her natural hair in a style she was happy with!!

Some people are just out to ruin others Im afraid!!

This is so bad!! I can't believe you would have to go through so much trouble with one client!! And who would ever put their hair in a bobble and cut it!!! Is this girl mad??x

These stories are putting me off doing extensions! Lol how do you avoid these people! Lol x

These stories are putting me off doing extensions! Lol how do you avoid these people! Lol x
You can't sadly there's always one you just need to be strong and make sure you you stick by your guns of you are not at fault x

You can't sadly there's always one you just need to be strong and make sure you you stick by your guns of you are not at fault x

After dealing with her i would say she was quite highly strung and a bit of a nut case!!!
But yeah I just had to stick to my guns. It did upset me and I did just breakdown to my boyfriend about it. But at the end of the day I knew my work wasnt at fault, nor was the hair supplier!!

She has gone on to do a similar thing to one of my friends who does lashes, who is a fab lasher with a brilliant profile!!

After dealing with her i would say she was quite highly strung and a bit of a nut case!!!
But yeah I just had to stick to my guns. It did upset me and I did just breakdown to my boyfriend about it. But at the end of the day I knew my work wasnt at fault, nor was the hair supplier!!

She has gone on to do a similar thing to one of my friends who does lashes, who is a fab lasher with a brilliant profile!!

Anyone who see her posts on Facebook will know she just out for a freebie next time you will have a thicker skin from thi experience when someone try's it on x

Has someone ever refused to pay after you fit the extensions? What would you do? X

Has someone ever refused to pay after you fit the extensions? What would you do? X

I don't do them but I'd keep hold of something of value to them, a purse, phone or anything else xoxo

You can't just take someone's phone or purse on the off chance they don't pay.

I always take a deposit, and if I don't know/trust them I take a non refundable deposit!

Latest posts

Back