need advice removing brisa gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa breddy

Reaction score
Can anyone give me tips on removing brisa gels. It took me an hour and a half to remove some. Is this normal? I filed as much as possible then soaked in acetone to remove the last layer. It took me ages to file them down. Just goes to show how hard they are!!! I really like them but the thought of taking them off for a new set fills me with dread!!

Why do you want to soak them off if you are re-applying.

If the clients no longer want them on them you buff down so there is just a thin layer of gel and then but on a top coat on let the gel grow out while giving added strength to the natural nail

it shouldn't take that long, but like everything practice makes perfect so don't panic. When I file off gel I use a new file (about 120 grit) being really careful not to nick the clients skin as they are vicious when they are new! I take off the bulk of the gel with this and then when nearer the skin switch to a 240 grit so that I would avoid any overbuffing on the natural nail. It is the most boring job in the world, and tiring too due to the extra concentration of not over filing, bit it takes me about 30 mins to file off a full set of LCN gel.

It is correct that you should leave a thin layer on whether applying a new set or not ...... however I am a serial picker lol and even manage to pick this thin layer off when I go back to my own nails, so I do file all the gel off in these circumstances as in my opinion the picking causes far more damage than the buffing. I've done enough file offs now to know which is gel and which is nail so there really is virtually no chance of damage occurring, and I can then retail the Nailtiques After Artificial Treatment, which wouldn't work if there was gel still on the nail.

Latest posts

Back