Need help choosing a skincare range!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried a gorgeous range fom Cognito Spa, its a Cocoa Rose Facial line .
It has great ingrediants and is natural, and not full of parabens.
Pm me for details :)

I've not tried the facial range yet but I have sampled and used the chocolate body range. Am sure this will be as fabulous.

sorry forgot the addy

www.cognitospa.co.uk

for handmade with love and care natural spa products.

Went to Professional Beauty at Excel and have to say Natural Elements stood out miles above the rest. I just loved the people who were selling it (my kind of people. Down to earth, good humoured, genuinely friendly with no falseness) also the product image and marketing is really classy (I'm shallow and like the product to look good! Lol) and it smells amazing. Honestly is is mega nice.
Have a good look at all the brands but go with your heart and your gut instinct.
A brand (I've never heard of) that also looked and smelled amazing was 'Wish 4 Beauty' which was lovely and also 'Persian Rose'. I recommend you look at them as well.
Eve Taylor has an amazing reputation too but I wasn't taken with it. Definitely try it though. Just because it's not my cup of tea, you might love it.
Good luck with whatever decision you make. :-£

Hi - we use ecologie - its really new and all based on aromatherapy products - there isnt a minimum order and the packaging looks really professional, my clients love it and am selling loads. the company are really helpfull and theres training available too. check out Ecologie - Home

I just went to the ecologie website and it came up with this ..........
Ecologie products are no longer available....we apologise for any inconvenience. Has it been discontinued?

Neals Yard Organics are well worth a look, I've worked with lots of brands in tops spas & salons using gorgeous ranges; my favourite spa range being Elemis. Very few 'organic/natural' companies are 'what they say they are' so beware. NYR is the first range to actually be certified as organic which is v rare & most importantly the range gives results too. Lovely company, minimal set up equips a basic trolley for facials & themn 25% off all products thereafter to add to your range. Good luck with your search!

Neals Yard Organics are well worth a look, I've worked with lots of brands in tops spas & salons using gorgeous ranges; my favourite spa range being Elemis. Very few 'organic/natural' companies are 'what they say they are' so beware. NYR is the first range to actually be certified as organic which is v rare & most importantly the range gives results too. Lovely company, minimal set up equips a basic trolley for facials & themn 25% off all products thereafter to add to your range. Good luck with your search!

I was looking into using Neals Yard till a friend sent a message saying she was going to be a consultant to earn extra money and would be looking for people to host a party. It just reminded me of Avon party's. Should I not let this bother me, am I being too sensitive?

After trying various skincare brands, some organic, some high end, and others mid range, I have decided to return to Pure Fiji, as I use these products for manicures and pedicures, and now am going to use them for facials and massage.

Amazing texture, lush fragrances and very good value, both to client and therapist.

I wouldn't use Kaeso or anything like that as it isn't very professional and it can be bought from the wholesalers under a retail account.. I would go with a compsny who only sells to therapists and salons... Makes you look more exclusive then too!!!

I absolutely agree with Nicola.
We've just finished exhibiting at pro beauty north and I can't tell you the number of salons we've signed up because we absolutely will NOT allow online sales, anywhere on the net. We police this vigorously. Retail sales belong to the therapists who have built up the relationship with their client. It is heartbreaking, not to mention financial ruin, for your clients to be able to buy their skincare from eBay, Amazon and the other beauty sites, much cheaper than the salons can sell it at. Not to mention the damage done to the brand when the clients buy the wrong product for their skin.
Choose carefully. Ask your potential skincare supplier what THEY do to protect YOUR business...

I use Nu Skin - absolutely fantastic and my clients love it, plus you can train in the Galvanic facial system, which if you Google, is the big celebrity craze at the moment (and actually does work!) It's Scandinavian and so as with many of the products from that part of the world, it's really lovely. Xx

I think nu skin is not a professional only range though, and I have a feeling that it's MLM, isn't it?

It can be MLM but I don't do that side of it - doesn't interest me. The Galvanic Facial system is very good and very effective, I have ladies on their third course and the improvement to their skin is fantastic. Agreed, the products can be bought not just through salons, but it's not hugely available - ie, can't be bought in department stores, pharmacies or on the high street, making it a little more exclusive than some other ranges.

It's all over eBay though, which means that your clients can and will try to get it cheaper online than from you.

Have to agree with Lynn - however good a skincare range is, to have it available as MLM isn't my idea of a professional range!

I'm not retailing the products, I'm offering a number of different facials, two of which are the NuSkin Age Loc range, including the galvanic facial - I charge £35 for one facial, which you couldn't buy and do yourself for that price, plus my clients like coming for a facial - the whole ambiance of the salon etc. I agree that if you want a skin care brand that is solely exclusive to salons, than this wouldn't be for you, but that also goes for many other brands that we all see in salons - for example, the salon in a very well known health club by me (think Ryder Cup location!!) does Elimis facials, I can buy that on EBay myself, but I'd much rather go and have the whole relaxing experience at their spa. I like the NuSkin range, it works for me, my salon and my clients - but agree, if it came to retailing, then it potentially may not work as well for me. Xx

Latest posts

Back