Need help fast on treatment % for employee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
I've written 2 posts but need more help I've got till tomorrow to tell her what percentage she will get and I could go with back up proof of what people are splitting percentage wise all over the country.

She wants 80/20 her!!
She's working 1 and half days per week with more in holidays or when I'm quiet.
She's using my products, my house salon, my marketing and advertising and my clients also new ones I've pulled in for her.

I'm experienced and established name for 3 years.
Ran off my feet and need her to keep clients from
Going elsewhere.

She's convinced 80% too her is right. I know this I wrong and not worth my effort.

Help! Xx

Employee!! Thread should say, although she is actually self employed but working for me x

She can't be an employee and self employed.
If you want her self employed you have no say in when she works.
I would say 50/50 split definitely no more than 60/50 in her favour.
Don't rush into anything you will regret.

50/50, no one in the right mind would give her 80/20 especially if its your products. Although areas may differ. I have tried renting out to therapists and percentages, i now employee!! i find it finacially better and easier. hth xxx

I give 55% to therapist/stylist. no way would I do 80%/20%

60/40 higher percentage to you if you are supplying products

In our salon it's 60/40 to whoever supplies the products

60 to you 40 to her.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

60/40 highest to whoever provides the products

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

I too operate a 60/40 to me because I advertise and buy the products.

That advice came from my accountant. 20% is for product, then it's equal split on the rest

Tell her to do one if she won't settle in that.

Cheek!

I too operate a 60/40 to me because I advertise and buy the products.

That advice came from my accountant. 20% is for product, then it's equal split on the rest

Tell her to do one if she won't settle in that.

Cheek!

I agree with this, my accountant said the same and that's the way I operate, 60 to you and 40 to them. They don't have any costs, only their time and travel costs, you supply everything and pay the bills. Xx

Thank you all! X

She won't like this :( ill try the 40/60 highest to me then if she swears she won't then 50/50. Otherwise out. Xxx

Thank you all! X

She won't like this :( ill try the 40/60 highest to me then if she swears she won't then 50/50. Otherwise out. Xxx

Stand your ground, you have been building your business and she should count herself lucky that you are taking on someone new xx

Omg 80/20 she is living in a dream work i do 75/25 to me and i basically rent the room i supply all products pay my own marketing lol i would 60/40 to you too

Thank you.
It's my first time playing boss, well kind of boss if you get me.
I've worked all the maths out over the past hour and I'd be happy with 50/50 as the room is spare when I'm not in it just wasted. After the 20% product cost is gone its still ok for me.

However I worked it out based on my timings and I'm fast. Right now she's taking 2hours per gel off and on, that I do in a hour, so I've taken today as an example to show her that her 50% today really isn't much or anywhere near what she's expecting so she needs to speed up to get more money. That's fair right?
It's all what I've done before and what she needs to learn.

Appreciate your replies x

Yes absolutely, her speed is her problem. If she wants to earn, she will invest time on perfecting her skill. She will get out what she puts in.

You should offer her the option to rent the room per day if she is not happy with the percentage. Say, £40 per day (example only) but you set out the amount if days before she starts or you may find she'll say "oh I'm not gonna come in today"

If you say this is the percentage or you can rent the room on a set amount, it is her decision which one she chooses.

Good luck xxx would love to know how this pans out xxx

I guess that's an idea the rent per day. But she will have my clients or at least ones I'm getting in for her under my salon name so I hope she will turn up! That would look bad on me.
The normal rental situation means It would be down to her to get clients and use her own products

I suggested 50/50 she didn't seem happy at this rate once she reaches my speed. I said I'd look into 60:40 her. Yes I know nobody else would do that but I can take the 40 happily and I trust her more than a stranger in my home, unless she took MY clients with her?? She won't stay long, I just feel it, once I've trained her up and she's sped up.

So I'm not sure it's worth my effort at all.
i could just say she makes her own clientele?

To be honest I would say 50:50 is the absolute minimum you should accept and she can take it or leave it.

It seems like more hassle than its worth and you could end up losing a friend out of it.

I hope this doesn't come across as mean xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek

Have you thought about a different therapist?

Could you trade test others? Who's told her 80:20 is reasonable?

Could you rent her the space instead?

Hope it all works out let us know x

Latest posts

Back