Need help with box colour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashastalons

Reaction score
Hi guys I am a really busy nail tech with bad hair!

I have no time at the mo to go and get it done, so I have bought a chocolate brown box colour and thought i could do it myself and then get it cut as soon as I have time.

I have natural brown hair with bleach chunkyish highlights but you cant see roots as I havent got them on the top of my head just under the hair (prob dont make sense!)

So Really didnt want to dye over highlights is there any possible way I can colour round them?

or is this just impossible???

Thanks for help in advance!!!

:confused:

what i did with min was to get a friend to help you out by going along row by row starting from the bottom working your way up putting all the weaves (bits of blonde) on a foil and fold as you would normally with highlites to get them out the way work around you head so theres no blond left showing then wack the colour on the rest of you hair :) x

what i did with min was to get a friend to help you out by going along row by row starting from the bottom working your way up putting all the weaves (bits of blonde) on a foil and fold as you would normally with highlites to get them out the way work around you head so theres no blond left showing then wack the colour on the rest of you hair :) x

Hi, that would be great advice if Tasha were a professional hairdresser but I believe this isn't the case , and it could all go very wrong for her especially if she using an OTC box colour ,
if the colour is too drab and it leaks onto the bleached parts of her hair it could go khaki looking , so I really do think a professional hairdresser is the way forwards here x :hug: minky

Hello,

Yes, visiting hairdresser would be a good idea if you want to keep the blonde...if you want to be brown all over you could put a red dye on first....then the brown! the brown would need to be quite dark to cover the red tho! You do have to keep in mind that the colour result will depend on lots of things so if in doubt visit a salon! you could try using long lasting semi's instead of permenant however it is possible that it will still 'grab' on your blonde....Good luck! let us know what colour you end up!

Latest posts

Back