Need opinions on new salon name please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimpardy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently operating as "whiplash eyelash extensions", which is actually getting me some attention I don't want. LOL I liked the name at first, but have come to dislike it. Now, I am training to become a Nail Technician as well, and I need to change my salon name. I will also be adding sugaring to my list of treatments soon. I have come up with the following:

Sugar Bubble Beauty
The Ten Spot
Topaz Nails & Lashes
Great Lengths Nails & Lashes

Please let me know what you think, I can't decide!

Thanks!

I like Great Lengths, esp for nails and lashes for obvious reasons but it could also mean you go to great lengths with your services

Great Lengths reminds me too much of hair extensions... Hmm :) I do like the idea behind it though x

i agree with the other comment about the great lengths name, it sounds like something to do with hair. i dont really understand the reasoning behind the first two names and the topaz nail and lashes makes it sound like you only offer nails and lashes. What if you change topaz nails and lashes to topaz nails and beauty or perhaps something a little shorter. "Good morning topaz nail and lashes, how can i help you" sounds like a bit of a mouthful when answering the phone. I think using the word beauty in a name covers a wide selection of treatments and also gives you the opportunity to add more treatments. If i saw nails and lashes in a name, id think that it only offers nails and lashes. My business is called finishing touch beauty, its short and to the point. This is just my opinion though.

i agree with the other comment about the great lengths name, it sounds like something to do with hair. i dont really understand the reasoning behind the first two names and the topaz nail and lashes makes it sound like you only offer nails and lashes. What if you change topaz nails and lashes to topaz nails and beauty or perhaps something a little shorter. "Good morning topaz nail and lashes, how can i help you" sounds like a bit of a mouthful when answering the phone. I think using the word beauty in a name covers a wide selection of treatments and also gives you the opportunity to add more treatments. If i saw nails and lashes in a name, id think that it only offers nails and lashes. My business is called finishing touch beauty, its short and to the point. This is just my opinion though.

The reason behind Sugar Bubble is because I will eventually be doing sugaring/waxing as well. When I was doing a rock candy experiment with my daughter and there was a bubble in the sugar, it just popped in my head for some reason. The Ten Spot is like "Perfect 10", but apparently there's already a place in Toronto that has the name. That one is already filed away, it's too vague. I was just throwing around ideas. I'm thinking Great Lengths Beauty or Topaz Beauty, but still undecided! Any other ideas or suggestions are welcomed!

The Beauty Works

I think great lengths nails and lashes is a great name.

As it reminds me of a hair extensions company, it may be worth checking it isn't trademarked x

As it reminds me of a hair extensions company, it may be worth checking it isn't trademarked x
I was just thinking of "Great Lengths" hair extensions too - definitely check the TM on that x

I'm pretty sure it's TM but noticed OP is in Canada so would need to check the TM there.

Way too observant for me BP x

There's 10 variations of "Great Lengths" registered TM in Canada, including the hair extensions. But, there are none that are "Great Lengths Beauty" or "Great Lengths Nails & More" or "Great Lengths Nails & Lashes". I kind of like Great Lengths Nails & More, I may go with that.

That name sounds great :D

Those names are very close to obviously the trademark registered and its variations. If you're going to be registering in the same class id be very surprised if they don't contest it.

If you aren't registering it, then they still may send a cease and dissist to change the name and you'd have a choice of fighting your corner or changing. Depends on the lengths they'll go to.

Latest posts

Back