Need some advice on best option

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybird

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am a newbie (at 41!!) and in need of some advice
I am currently doing my NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy, and would really like to do a Nail technician course. I was booked on a Sally 2 day course, but it has been cancelled and I can get a refund - I think after reading all your messages on this site that maybe I need to look at a longer more comprehensive course (but I can't take on anyting long term with my NVQ starting again in Sept) .

But the trouble is the more I read on here the more confused I get with all the different systems, Brisa, CND, Young, NSI etc etc etc.

In your opinion (and with a bit of hindsight) what would be the best entry level course to go on? I am in Belfast so would be difficult to organise something in England/Scotland/Wales.

I really love my beauty course - I think I have found my niche! I am 41 years old and I wish I had done this years ago. I practice at every chance I get - I have my neighbours and family buffed within an inch of their lives and take great pleasure in introducing them to the world of eyelash perming, tinting, plucking, facial massage etc etc!

I do eventually want to go mobile - and want to be able to offer a good range of services.

but with the lull in my course and work over the summer I would like to use it to do something constructive so your advice on the nail courses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for a great site!

well, first, for the course, you'll learn the basis, and these are common to every brand, so pay more attention to the trainer...
and work with the products they request, you can still change afterwards.

once you're trained, you can easily test/try other brands and make your choice. you may even ask a salon near you what they use and if you can try them. and ask for/buy samples, a lot of brands again have intro/trial kits ;)

well, first, for the course, you'll learn the basis, and these are common to every brand, so pay more attention to the trainer...
and work with the products they request, you can still change afterwards.

once you're trained, you can easily test/try other brands and make your choice. you may even ask a salon near you what they use and if you can try them. and ask for/buy samples, a lot of brands again have intro/trial kits ;)

It might be better to just get product training with an actual company - instead of just getting a random training certificate then having to set yourself back flitting between Nail products and suppliers.

I would train with one of the big names, Creative, Ezflow, NSI etc. They tend to be over a short space of time and would fit in before returning to your full time course. HTH

Hi Ladybird

How easy would it be for you to get to Dublin? I'm sure I have read here that there is a CND course (which many peeps here rave about) in Dublin. Adele very kindly gave me this telephone number 0845 210 6060 for Sweet Squared who distribute and educate for CND. I had a lovely chat earlier with a lady called Kelly (I'm looking into doing CND too) who was very helpful.

HTHs

Many thanks ladies
I will definitely contact Sweet Squared for advice on courses in Dublin/Northern Ireland.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back