Need some color advice...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llterico

Reaction score
Hello,
I need to know how to fade a semi-permanent color ASAP-I am interviewing all week.

OK-I applied a mix of 9NG and 10NG semi-perm colors. The color of my hair before I applied it was an over-processed almost platinum blonde. Well, my hair sucked the color right up (processed 12 mins) and it's very dark and muddy. It looks more like a medium/dark blonde than the light/very light I was hoping for. I washed twice with Dawn, deep conditioned, and it's still grayish. Will sitting in the sun help any?

I used Wella Color Charm Semi in 10NG/9NG. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Stefanie

A quick persulfate wash and a SERIES of deep conditioning treatments will straighten you right out.

1/2 scoop powdered ammonium persulfate (usually found in a powdered off the scalp bleach)

60 ml warm water

10 ml 3% or 6% peroxide (clear is best)

15-20 ml chelating shampoo

Mix in tint bottle or bowl, work only through grey/ashy areas, rinse well, shampoo with moisturizing or reconstructing shampoo, follow with deep conditioning treatments, then be nice to your hairs and quit messing with them for a while ;) Use appropriate styling products and lower your heat with thermal tools.

i like to use redkin clarifying shampoos their whole point is to completly clean the hair. of try a 10 vol devolper and some bleach and shampoo. put only a tiny bit of the developer, and mix the bleach and shampoo in it let it sit for a few minutes and your good to go. usually works for me.

Peroxide 6% + hot water and shampoo should work to get the unwanted tones out

Latest posts

Back