Need some incouragement!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeupartistjennyb

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just feeling blue as my husband lost his job. To add to it we thought we covered by mortgage payment protection ARGHHHHHHH!! :twisted: :twisted: This is a nightmare does not cover all mortgage and the bills are stacking up!! Just wanted some encouragement that things will get better!! I still have my nails to keep me busy. :sad: but it is very stressful!! :sad:

I know where your coming from on this one :sad:
With my hubby being at home poorly the mortgage still needs paying and the bills stack up. I would say try and budget what bit you have got and make sure you keep on top of the most vital bills. Try not to worry I am sure there will be a rainbow on the horizon.
Take Care xx

Have you spoken to your building society about your situation? I know when I was on strike many years ago, the building society I was with postponed the payments by extending the loan time (adding on the time at the end of the term) The strike lasted 2 months and I didnt have to pay any mortgage during that time. I dunno if this is of any value to you in your current situation but it wouldnt hurt to make some enquiries about it. Fingers crossed for you guys that things turn out well.

i would follow seanny's brilliant advice find out what you are entitled too,
i think your mortgage company would rather you phone them than you struggle and get in over your head
also go to citizens advice if you have any debts (catalogues, cards) they can help you out by ringing the companies for you and sort out smaller payments
you've hit rock bottom and the only way is up now hun.
i hope everything resolves itself soon for you and hubby
we are all here to listen and talk if you need a sounding board
xxx

My advise would be just make sure you can pay for your mortgage re-payments, even if you have to take a payment holiday. As long as you keep them happy your other commitments can wait or take a lesser payment. Joanne was correct in advising to contact the other debtors, as long as they know the situation and you are offering to pay a minimal amount they should accept this. The CAB may be able to get them to freeze the interest so that it doesn't get mounted up.

Best of luck love, hopefully your husband will find work again soon, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Try not to get too stressed, the nails should help you there if you are anything like me - totally relaxing ;)

Regards

Good idea about contacting your mortgage company, also now is the time to contact any credit card companies and the local council for your council tax, check your bank statements for this time last to check if any annual bills are due, eg car insurance and such like and get them changed to monthly. Now is the time to sell your old stuff on ebay, everybody can probably pay for 1 weeks groceries on the proceeds :p

We're all thinking of you, I know it probably seems the worst thing to have happened but you will come out stronger for this. Take care. Cathy :hug:

thinking of you,

just been through the same thing, when hubby was off work, due to motorbike accident.
hang in there things can only get better.

Same here!!! My hubby broke 2 arms (motorbike accident, yes i had to do EVERYTHING!! dont ask!!) about 3 months ago hes still signed off sick and just last friday we were told that he was being made redunant!!! Ive just started up in nails and only earning about 100-150 quid a week, my rent is 60!!! He is really starting to get on my nerves and I thought oh well he will be back at work soon!! how wrong i was!!!! He now has to re-train for at least 13wks to get another job. keep your chin up it could be worse!!!

In my thoughts:D

Avs
xxxx

Similar thing here, my partner is self employed (builder) and at this time of year he has no work. On top of this our car is poorly, turning out to be a big job the engine needs to be taken out so I can`t do any nails as I am mobile. But on the bright side I work part-time so at least we have some income.

Keep your chin up things can only get better!

donna

Just wanted to say thank you for all your words of incouragement. This spurred me on to get in contacted with the bank again, they were more helpful this time but still found that they were not very helpful. :cry: My husband has been offered a weeks work with the agency which will help us. I know that there are lots of epole who have more to deal with than this, but being stressed out is horrible!

Once again Thanks for all your support! :D :D :D :D

Jenny

Latest posts

Back