Need to get an orange colour with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjg1

Reaction score
Any ideas how I can get a burnt orange colour with Shellac. My sister is getting married soon and her 5 bridesmaids want their nails and toes to match the dress! lol (I know it sounds hideous but they are quite nice!) I did do a quick search but apologies if I've missed a thread. :)

I think i saw on cnd.com shellac layering to get diff colours, have you tried the shaellac group on here too for help? x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333520304.538684.jpg
This Shellac color is quite orange it is
Tropic ,
Why not do this and dapple/ sponge it with masquerade or wild fire

Last edited:
I think burnt orange is one of the harder colours to get. Ive never heard of anyone making it yet. You may have to layer 3 different colours. I would say have a play around using tropix as that is the most orange colour. Maybe reds could make an orange depending on what was put ontop.

I've personally never tried but you need to get your creative head on! Xx

Fedora and hollywood would be my guess?

Thanks everyone. I will have a play and let you know how i get on :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I'm pretty sure at Halloween fingernail fixer made a burnt orange. Maybe have a look on her Facebook?

I have done it and now I'm racking my brains.....it's definitely Rock Royalty under something....either Hot Chillis (my first guess) or Hollywood.

Whatever it is it makes an amazing burnt orange....very Autumn shade. Try painting on the side of the Rock Royalty bottle...or if you have made a sample stick just paint over the top of them.

HTH

Personally, I would suggest a contrasting shade to the dress. Orange dress, toes and fingers sounds a bit much! How about a polish in that shade on the toes and Shellac on fingers?

What about trying Fedora & Hollywood? I haven't tried it but the colours seem about right for a burnt orangey colour.

Xx

What about trying Fedora & Hollywood? I haven't tried it but the colours seem about right for a burnt orangey colour.

Xx

This is more of a red, I have it on my colour wheel.

Perhaps try 1x fedora, 1x tropix and one Hollywood? Let us know if you manage it.
Rhiannon x

This is more of a red, I have it on my colour wheel.

Perhaps try 1x fedora, 1x tropix and one Hollywood? Let us know if you manage it.
Rhiannon x

Here you go hun, found that fingernailfixer posted this on her facebook in Sept... It's definitely burnt orange though but quite coppery, maybe it depends on how you laid the brush when painting? Xx

Attachments

• 300407_10150323143777264_307317462263_7658281_2080419890_n.jpg
    300407_10150323143777264_307317462263_7658281_2080419890_n.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,660
Last edited:
I made this orangy colour with a layer of cream puff followed by two coats of tropix and one of gold VIP status.

Perhaps try a coat of fedora between the cream puff and the tropix and if that doesn't work how about 1x cream puff, 1x tropix and 1 x fedora on top, I think that could be lovely. The cream puff really makes the tropix pop and the fedora will darken it beautifully without losing any of the depth.

HTH

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334058260.770466.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334058260.770466.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,575
Here you go hun, found that fingernailfixer posted this on her facebook in Sept... It's definitely burnt orange though but quite coppery, maybe it depends on how you laid the brush when painting? Xx

Yeah mine looks like that, it's not what I would call burnt orange though. However it might be what the OP is after :)
Rhiannon x

Thank u everyone. Shes changed her mind now!!! At least i know a few different orange options now lol! Thanks for all ur time anf efforts in helping xxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Another one is 2 coats of Hollywood and one of gold VIP status. It doesn't look totally orange but my clients who have went for it have agreed i gives off an orange look with adding the gold VIP :)

You can keep it in mind :)

Latest posts

Back