Need to rant before I explode!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails<3

Reaction score
I have 2 children who play with a girl who lives a few doors down. They usually all play outside as I'm sick of my lovely house getting trashed but since I have been back off holiday on Sunday the girl comes round every day at 9, expects drinks, lunch and dinner and doesn't go home!!! I have 2 kids to feed, 2 cats to feed and a 7 week old pup to train so I don't need all the constant chaos in my house.

I have told her to stay out of my room but yet goes in there and plays on the xbox and my newly decorated room gets trashed. It's already had chocolate milkshake all over the carpet even though drinks are not allowed upstairs!

The kids room gets trashed, they have had a lovely carpet fitted in there room and they get the glue and paint out when they are not allowed.

The girl won't go home, and no she isn't in a bad house or anything like that, my 2 have been stupidly spoilt so they have the latest everything so she wants to be here but I need my sanity.

All I here is bellas mum can I have this, can I have that, bellas mum such and such are being naughty. I have so much work to do for my business and I can't get 5 mins peace at the mo to the point where I have shouted at them all to get out of the house or I'm seriously going to lose it. They go out and come back in and catch them in my room playing xbox again! Tomorrow morning I am locking the back door & closing my curtains in the hope I get atleast an hours peace in my own home!!

Sorry for the rant, no one else to rant at lol x x

I have 2 children who play with a girl who lives a few doors down. They usually all play outside as I'm sick of my lovely house getting trashed but since I have been back off holiday on Sunday the girl comes round every day at 9, expects drinks, lunch and dinner and doesn't go home!!! I have 2 kids to feed, 2 cats to feed and a 7 week old pup to train so I don't need all the constant chaos in my house.

I have told her to stay out of my room but yet goes in there and plays on the xbox and my newly decorated room gets trashed. It's already had chocolate milkshake all over the carpet even though drinks are not allowed upstairs!

The kids room gets trashed, they have had a lovely carpet fitted in there room and they get the glue and paint out when they are not allowed.

The girl won't go home, and no she isn't in a bad house or anything like that, my 2 have been stupidly spoilt so they have the latest everything so she wants to be here but I need my sanity.

All I here is bellas mum can I have this, can I have that, bellas mum such and such are being naughty. I have so much work to do for my business and I can't get 5 mins peace at the mo to the point where I have shouted at them all to get out of the house or I'm seriously going to lose it. They go out and come back in and catch them in my room playing xbox again! Tomorrow morning I am locking the back door & closing my curtains in the hope I get atleast an hours peace in my own home!!

Sorry for the rant, no one else to rant at lol x x

Hi ya,

Didnt want to read and run,

How old is the child? she sounds very annoying. Does someone drop her off? Or does she just walk round to your house? Can you open the door and say sorry the kids cant have visitors today?

xx

Soooo know how you feel -.- my house is the same, albeit not with kids but our family friends. We don't mind having them over & they are a blast, but sometimes you just need time alone! Fionalex's idea is a good one, I might try it ;) haha.

Alternatively have you got a cupboard under the stairs that locks ;-)

She is 8 my 2 are 6 and nearly 5.

She just walks round the back and walks in hence locking the back door tomorrow, if my daughter sees her then she wants to play with her. I say to the girl that no one is allowed in the house today as im busy, but they go out and play for 5 mins and then she comes in and goes upstairs. It is very annoying not to have any peace or privacy, my bath room is down stairs so have to walk through the house to to get to the bath so have to time having a bath so I can get out and move around freely. I have sent her home now, told her we was going out and she said she would be back later! Arrgh no lol.

I wouldn't mind if she was here for an hour or so maybe a couple of days a week but it's every day!

Whats the mother like? Is she approachable?
I'd lock the back door for sure. Are they playing in your garden then? So i assume she can see in and see when they are out? I think maybe you need to be blunt with her when she walks in and say sorry but we are having a family day today, or the kids are tired, have been naughty etc etc, and you have to go home. Or can you tell her in future to knock on the front door only?

Sounds like a difficult one...i'm up for locking her in the cupboard....
She is 8 my 2 are 6 and nearly 5.

She just walks round the back and walks in hence locking the back door tomorrow, if my daughter sees her then she wants to play with her. I say to the girl that no one is allowed in the house today as im busy, but they go out and play for 5 mins and then she comes in and goes upstairs. It is very annoying not to have any peace or privacy, my bath room is down stairs so have to walk through the house to to get to the bath so have to time having a bath so I can get out and move around freely. I have sent her home now, told her we was going out and she said she would be back later! Arrgh no lol.

I wouldn't mind if she was here for an hour or so maybe a couple of days a week but it's every day!

Haha I'm up for the cupboard suggestion too but I think I might get arrested for child cruelty. If only I had one to lock myself away :)

Just going to lock the door and be done with it. X

Yep I think lock the door, then when you do see her next tell her she must knock on the front door only. Then you can tell her in future you are busy. You could pretend you aren't in for a week or so until she gets the hint! I know its mean but when its lunchtime can you say 'I have to do lunch now you need to go home' when she asks for lunch can you not be blunt and say 'no you will need to go home' and ask her to get her things if you dont want her there? Wonder what her mother thinks about her being out all the time..

Id be having words with her mum (or who ever cares for her) !! Why should you be expected to feed and tidy up after someone elses child? If they came round to play for the day INVITED then it wouldnt be a problem.

Do your kids ever go to her house and behave this way? I absolutly wouldnt have it! Maybe when your giving your kids their lunch you should purposely exclude her? If she asks where hers is tell her its in HER house! If she still doesnt get the hint then definately talk to her mum or who ever and tell them its not on, shes their responsibility not yours! If this still doesnt work send your kids round and see how they like it!!

Realise I must sound really harsh, but I would actually do this! Cant let people take advantage of you like this, its affecting your life and stressing you out. Hope you sort things out xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Id be having words with her mum (or who ever cares for her) !! Why should you be expected to feed and tidy up after someone elses child? If they came round to play for the day INVITED then it wouldnt be a problem.

Do your kids ever go to her house and behave this way? I absolutly wouldnt have it! Maybe when your giving your kids their lunch you should purposely exclude her? If she asks where hers is tell her its in HER house! If she still doesnt get the hint then definately talk to her mum or who ever and tell them its not on, shes their responsibility not yours! If this still doesnt work send your kids round and see how they like it!!

Realise I must sound really harsh, but I would actually do this! Cant let people take advantage of you like this, its affecting your life and stressing you out. Hope you sort things out xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

I agree might sound harsh but you might need to put your foot down. Asking her to leave and if not callling her mum and saying that you have asked her to leave and she wont. You can do it in a nice way, hopefully then she will know you mean it and she can rule over you. Hope you get things sorted!

I agree might sound harsh but you might need to put your foot down. Asking her to leave and if not callling her mum and saying that you have asked her to leave and she wont. You can do it in a nice way, hopefully then she will know you mean it and she can rule over you. Hope you get things sorted!

*cant rule not can :)

I agree with all said so far.
You need to take back control of the situation hunni, at the moment you are letting a little girl rule you. What's more, she has learnt that there are few boundaries and she can get away with it

My son has 1 friend in the area who knocks for him constantly. I have no problems them being together, but I also need peace to work sometimes.

It can be very simple if you make it that way. If my son's friend calls at a time that isn't convenient, I simply say " I'm sorry but my son can't play today." I'm the boss- end of story.

When it is time for lunch or dinner, I say "I'm going to make our dinner now, so everyone shoes on so we can walk xx home.' and the boy goes home. If either of them ask if he can stay for lunch the answer is "Not today I'm afraid, but let's plan a day for dinner later in the week.'
I tell his mum he is invited for dinner on whatever day, and that's that.

If the visiting child or my son don't do as I have asked, or play where I ask them not to, the child WILL be taken home. I ask nicely only once, and if it occurs a second time I will say that I asked them not to do something, but as this wasn't followed it's time for xx to go home.

Don't allow this child to think that doing as she pleases inside your home is acceptable behavior x

Last edited:
Totally sympathy.
You know what, though? This isn't the child's fault, it is her parents. What on earth are they thinking of, letting her disappear for hours on end and not checking?
I can understand your wrath being focused on the child, but it's the parents who need sorting.

Oh no none of your posts are harsh at all, I'm a 25 year old woman for god sake and letting an 8 year old rule the roost and she doesn't even live here!

Sent her home and I had a nice hot soak and listening to some lana del ray to chill me out whilst in the tub.

My kids are not allowed in her house, don't know why but my house isn't a day nursery so it ends today. Think I have just been so overwhelmed with everything going on in the last week and having little to no sleep and everything just seems a million times worse but like I said, if she wants to play with my two then they can play outside. I'm not cafe so I won't be feeding her anymore.

Thanks all :) x x

Totally sympathy.
You know what, though? This isn't the child's fault, it is her parents. What on earth are they thinking of, letting her disappear for hours on end and not checking?
I can understand your wrath being focused on the child, but it's the parents who need sorting.

Oh I know, the mum is actually really nice and must think her daughter is safe with me but still not wise. I'm going to go round and speak to the mum and just say politely that the girl can't keep coming round unannounced and that they have to play outside from now on. I don't mind them all playing out the back together but not in my house.

Oh this thread has brought back so many memories from my childhood and makes me thankful I don't have kids as this would drive me batty.
We had a few who couldn't tell when they had outstayed their welcome. Eventually my mum would say we were going out, weren't feeling well or weren't allowed to play to get them away from the front door. Of course my oh so lovely(sarcasm alert) nosy next door neighbour used to sometimes tell them my mum was lying and to go around the back, open the gate and go and play in the garden and that we would be out to play in a few minutes. Drove my mum mental. Me and my brother too as we just didn't want to play with them 24/7.
I would be firm and strict. Keep gates and backdoor locked. Let your kids play with her if that's what they want but make it very very clear to all that the house is off limits. Call only your kids in for lunch and lock the front door haha.

Latest posts

Back