Need urgent help, colour correction gone wrong!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercy_x

Reaction score
My client has a full head of bleach blonde hair and uses a ash toner. So it's very light ash blonde.
She wanted to go darker and chose to go 8.24 in affinage, we did a test strand and we pre pigmented the hair with gold(yellow) pre pigment spray then put this affinage colour on. Washed off and looked lovely.

I did the process on the client today, and its turned out very ashy brown, and karky parts. What shall I do to correct this?

She's coming back in tomorrow!

Thank you!

I'm not an affinage user, so can only give you generic advice. Gently bleach bath the khaki out, then recolour using a semi permanent, level 8 with copper gold tones. In Redken it would be 8CG, in l'Oreal 8.34
This will put enough warm tones in that it won't go greeny grey. Do not add base.

Not used affinage in a long time so unsure what colour you were using. The only thing that I could think of, if it turned out lovely in the strand test, would be perhaps the overall head of hair wasn't saturated enough with your pre-pig perhaps? Or maybe she's used something on her hair in between you doing the test which resulted in this outcome? Does the colour you used, contain any ash? Do you have a picture that we could see prior to giving you any definite advice? X
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek mobile app

8.24 is lightest fawn, it contains some violet ash, why not try some 8.035 and 8.0 and pre pig again with gold, after you have removed the previous colour with maybe Affinage Eraser ? if you have time test cut first x

The thing is the condition isn't the best so i would rather not bleach bath if I could? Is there something else I can do without stripping or bleach bathing?

What if I was to apply a copper blonde on top?

I also use wella and clynol so don't mind using a colour from they're range if best to.

It's frustrating because my boss rung the colour technician from affinage and they told us what to do and we did exactly what we were told and it hasn't worked :(

I got the client to send me a pic , Here's a pic of the colour it's gone(it actually looks worse face to face)

Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 342
It looks like a beige 8, what exactly were you aiming for?

The thing is the condition isn't the best so i would rather not bleach bath if I could? Is there something else I can do without stripping or bleach bathing?

What if I was to apply a copper blonde on top?

I also use wella and clynol so don't mind using a colour from they're range if best to.

It's frustrating because my boss rung the colour technician from affinage and they told us what to do and we did exactly what we were told and it hasn't worked :(

I got the client to send me a pic , Here's a pic of the colour it's gone(it actually looks worse face to face)

Xx

have you tried Eraser? it leaves the hair in great condition, its not like Effasor, would def test cut first though

the 8/24 in infiniti affinage really.

she wanted a light golden brown colour similar to this ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 274
the 8/24 in infiniti affinage really.

she wanted a light golden brown colour similar to this ..

This looks like a 7 level
7.35 maybe a drop of 7.4 is a 7 level gold mahogany that could be strong enough

I would honestly bleach bath just with 10vol it won't do much damage

I would say she's been using purple shampoo and that's what has been making it do that.

8.24 is lightest fawn, it contains some violet ash, why not try some 8.035 and 8.0 and pre pig again with gold, after you have removed the previous colour with maybe Affinage Eraser ? if you have time test cut first x

If I was to bleach bath and then pre pig with the gold spray and then apply these?

Would I be best to pre pig with a copper instead?

Thank you

This looks like a 7 level
7.35 maybe a drop of 7.4 is a 7 level gold mahogany that could be strong enough

I would honestly bleach bath just with 10vol it won't do much damage

I would say she's been using purple shampoo and that's what has been making it do that.

Ah yes she does use purple shampoo!

Thank you for the advice c

Latest posts

Back