Needing Advice Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel Nail's

Reaction score
Hello Everyone i am new to this page and i was wondering if any of you have an answer to my question!!

I live in Leeds Uk and i was wondering if their is any evening courses around this area to train as a nail tech as with having a little one at home it would be easier for me to learn on an evening if not are their any courses i can go on as iv been looking online and their is some home schooling but im unsure if i can trust those sites so i thought i would ask you ladies hope u all dont mind me asking and thankyou for reading this also which would be the best to learn 1st as a beginner acrylics or gel nails?

Kerry xx

I'm not a nail geek but didn't want to leave you unanswered - Sweet Squared seem to have the best reputation on here, they're on the ringroad - Leeds Good luck!

I agree with Crunchbunch, CND/Sweet Squared are the way to go if you are local t o them ( lucky you) If you can't get on to a course for whatever reason then the only advice I can give you is to steer clear of all these Fast Track courses. 3 or 5 days to learn a skill is defenitely not enough. If you need to decide which is best to start with you will probavly have to do a little market research in your area. Some areas are predominantly Gel clients and others Acrylic and then others natural nails. All are good and it depends on what the clients want at the end of the day.

There are issues with all systems, incorrectly applied or cured gels can lead to allergic reactions, acrylics can be quite smelly whilst applying and again allergy issues, natural nail gel overlay systems can again lead to the gel allergies so make sure you pick the best training you can afford. The quick courses don't give you a sound foundation to work from.

Good luck and let us know what you decide

Tanfastic And CrunchBunch Thankyou so much for getting back to me i was just a little unsure on how or who to go with im going to give Sweet Squared a try and see if i can get on any courses i dont mind how long the course is for and tbh i also thought a few days training wasn't enough i do know the basics with gel and acrylic as im a quick learner but i'm also one who likes to learning will keep u up to date on whats happening and thankyou again

Kerry x

thankyou so much MissLB ur a star will contact her and weekly payments will work better for me can't thankyou all enough xx

Latest posts

Back