Nervous about this but here's my website.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats an example if u look ull find more u tend to find if thats the case for one county in england its the same for the rest of england, it also states it in the habia code of practice and I thought they were god in the nail industry?

http://www.habia.org/uploads/Health and safety mini site/Code of Practice for Nail Services.pdf

x

A code of practice is a set of rules that people voluntarily abide by if they want to belong to that organisation/be associated with them/or for certain licences.

You should not state on your website that it is against the law if it is just not good practice as laid down by the Habia code of practice, but maybe instead say that you follow the guidlines set down by the government approved standard setting body.

Maybe someone here knows if it is actually law? Just so your site is correct x

Well like I said I'm only saying what I've been told by my nail harmony educator she specified it was illegal so I'm going off someone who's a practicing technician and has been for many years and as an educator who's always upto date and has correct info. Its not like I've plucked this from thin air as it appears to be suggested I'm not saying ur doing this intentionally but it is how it's coming across whether its just how im reading the msg. I've found government legislation for an area in England where 9/10 that's the case for the rest of England.

Your site looks fantastic, well done :)

I haven't read all the other posts so I'm sorry if it has already been pointed out to you. On the Gelish page under treatments are the Before and After photos around the wrong way? On the 411 page, the second star point just a little grammar thing it says 'there trained', should be 'they're trained'.

Please don't think I'm being picky, just noticed these and would like it pointed out if it were me. Can't wait to see new photos up there, try using the Macro setting on your camera, most have them these days and it really helps focus up close.

All the best with your new business :biggrin:

From what I read there, my understanding is correct and the "a" should be changed to an "e" on the OPs website. Is that what you are saying too?

Pah! Yes!

Grrr, I hate being wrong lol.

Well done my lovely.

Jacqui xx

It's not illegal to use an e-file on the natural nail. its frowned upon, definatley. But not illegal. You will notice that in the habia code of practice, it says that an e-file SHOULD not be used. It does not say anywhere that it IS NOT to be used. It doesn't mention it being illegal anywhere.

It's not illegal to use an e-file on the natural nail. its frowned upon, definatley. But not illegal. You will notice that in the habia code of practice, it says that an e-file SHOULD not be used. It does not say anywhere that it IS NOT to be used. It doesn't mention it being illegal anywhere.

That's not me being picky btw, i'm just trying to help. lol. i realise that probably came across as quite blunt. :O

Latest posts

Back