Nervous about this but here's my website.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLB

Reaction score
Morning everyone, quite nervous about doing this but i'd like your opinions. :Scared::Scared::Scared:

Im currently in the middle of setting my mobile business so im ready to launch when i've done my training. i'm just putting my business plan and strategy together and now developing on that for marketing. I've registered as self employed even though im not trading properly yet. I just do friends and family to practice on but if you are charging anyone even if it's for material costs (like me) you have to register as self employed as you can get get a fine and other trouble otherwise if your caught (luckily my current career involves me knowing about business and speaking with the inland revenue)

Anywho my company name comes from my initials incase anyones wondering. here's my site. took me quite a while to do this but it was easy once i got the hang but im not too bad on computers

Nail LAB, Nail services for south Sheffield, Dronfield and North Chesterfield

sooooooooo nervous but i need to know if im missing something or if it doesnt work.

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:
Hi I clicked the link & it took me to a sandwich menu, sorry x

It took me to a sandwich menu aswell x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

hahaha thats not good!! im clicking on it and its taking me to my site?!? weird!! i will look into this!!​

hahaha thats not good!! im clicking on it and its taking me to my site?!? weird!! i will look into this!!​

It is if you are hungry & in new York lol xx

Both of the links are working for me and taking me to your site :cool:

I'm on my iPhone maybe that's the problem it's still going to that site, another geek will come along soon it may well work with them, sorry that's not a help would have loved a look at your site x

Both of the links are working for me and taking me to your site :cool:

i edited them so both should work now. i hope or maybe not dependant on the comments? lol :rolleyes:

It looks good :D The only thing Im unsure of is your before and after pics on your home page, they are not very clear and they where the first things my eye was drawn too x

I'm on my iPhone maybe that's the problem it's still going to that site, another geek will come along soon it may well work with them, sorry that's not a help would have loved a look at your site x

now then, theres problem with viewing it on iphone i've tried but you cant view the computer based site on the phone u need flash player and u cant get it on iphones (which is annoying) but i am creating a mobile site aswell slowly but surely just the layout and things they have on them is very limited and im not overly keen.

- Your treatment, contact & about us links are great & easy to read, really like the use of pics too

- The pic of your nails on your home page isn't very clear - do you have any where they're better focused? From what I can see they're the only ones you've done yourself, I know you're in training and getting better each time but I think people would want to see your own work.
- The pic of the Swarovski's behind the writing makes it pretty hard to read
- The info about only ever having 2 sets of infills is incorrect, you shouldn't really EVER have to take a set off :)

Good start though.

It looks good :D The only thing Im unsure of is your before and after pics on your home page, they are not very clear and they where the first things my eye was drawn too x

yeah i know what you mean there the only pics i've took of before and after so i needed to use something for the time being until i can do some more but like i say im not advertising it yet its more for me to see what direction and layout. Thanks for the feedback tho jackie very much appreciated!! x

- Your treatment, contact & about us links are great & easy to read, really like the use of pics too

- The pic of your nails on your home page isn't very clear - do you have any where they're better focused? From what I can see they're the only ones you've done yourself, I know you're in training and getting better each time but I think people would want to see your own work.
- The pic of the Swarovski's behind the writing makes it pretty hard to read
- The info about only ever having 2 sets of infills is incorrect, you shouldn't really EVER have to take a set off :)

Good start though.

All the pictures on the gallery page of peoples nails are mine that i've done, I was told that information about infills by my tutor at nail harmony.

yeah the swarovski pic im going to have to change as much as i love that pic it is a bit difficult to read and it's a very important page.

Thank you x

All the pictures on the gallery page of peoples nails are mine that i've done, I was told that information about infills by my tutor at nail harmony.
Oh really, I meant the Hollywood Toes ones? If they're your own, i'd get them on the Home page of your site, definitely make it look more professional with professional pics rather than having a 'before and after' clip :)

Also the 'acrylic enhancement' pic is clearer and nicer to look at than your home page pic, I'd really consider changing it as not everyone will look through the album.

From what i've learnt on here, you shouldn't ever need to soak off.

With regards to infills there is no right or wrong all companies recommend different methods, before I did nails my tech used nsi & I only ever had 2 infills with her then a soak off some clients like 3, but everyone is different,not wrong, one size does not fit all when it comes to nails do what works best for you and your client xx

I think your site looks good.

I agree with the post above that the text on the Swarovski nails page is really difficult to read.

I also think it may be better to talk about yourself personally rather than talk about "lauren" or "us"

If it is you on your own, I think you should sell yourself and say "I have a passion for nails" etc

You prices have to be opened as a seperate Word document. I think it would be better to have these within the site as people want the information NOW! without having to open another doc.

Although I don't know much about nails, I hope that doesn't stop me critiquing your website.

I did wonder though, Is it really illegal to use an electric file on a natural nail? I didn't know that!

the treatment pics there's only one or two on there of mine but no agree with what ur saying just means I'll have to do more nails! What a chore! But just thought for now as long as there's pics on their showing the treatments and then my gallery showing my work thought it would be ok for the time being just to show what the treatments are do u think I should take them off ?

Again all the info I got was from my nail harmony tutor from what I've been told using an electric file on a natural nail is illegal.

Latest posts

Back