Never thought I'd say it but considering botox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubilicious

Reaction score
I wonder whether any of you Geeks who offer Botox could give me some honest advice/info.

I have a deep line between my eyes (you can see it on my pic) I'm 36 and apart from that have a few lines on my forehead but they don't bother me.
But this particular line does. I suffer from almost consistent headaches and as such frown an awful lot which I don't think helps.

I know I've read that they have used botox as a treatment for tension type headaches, but tbh wouldn't have the guts to go and ask the doctor about this.

Anyway I'm considering looking into having some just to sort this line out, could anyone help me:

Is botox an appropriate treatment for this or whould I be looking at something else?

How much should I expect to pay?

how do I find a good practitoner, could anyone recommend one either in the Glasgow or Leeds area?

How long will it last?

What side effects might I expect?

Do you thnik it would help the headaches?

I am on thyroxine and various painkillers, would this be a contra-indication?

Any advice much appreciated, Lou xx

I'm just a patient but i had it for exactly the same reason and it was brilliant.
I paid about £250 at London Bridge Plastic Surgery Clinic.

Ooooh, and it didn't hurt! Plucking your eyebrows is ten times worse!

I never actually thought about the pain bit....had a caesarian with an ineffective epidural....a couple of needles can't be anything after that!!

Has it helped with the headaches??

Lou x

Nothing wrong with a little bi of Botox here and there - but not as a way to get rid of your headaches.

Is your Thyroxine working? I know this sounds weird and my mums now hooked, but after being very very ill with an underactive thyroid and never losing weight she went to see allergy expert. She changed her diet and things started to get better and her water retention and headaches, tiredness etc eased.

Shes also having healing at the minute a combo of reiki, massage, crystals etc and this girl is amazing. Shes done wonders with my mums health.

Perhaps its mind over matter but its working.

Sometimes we don't need drastic action just an alternative.

Sort your headaches out first then defo get the Botox.

Kate

Well in terms of my health it's all a little complicated, I've had ME for the past 9 years. I practically live on painkillers, mainly for the headaches....I've had cranial osteopathy and acupuncture which have both helped but not enough to justify the ongoing costs. I went to practitioners that came highly recommended by other ME sufferers, but have now moved 280 miles away and have no network up here.
The Drs don't seem to really take much notice, just keep prescribing the painkillers, most days I'm on full dose of Tylex and when they're at their worst I need Ibuprofen aswell. My thyroid checks always come back within range, although i haven't seen the actual numbers so may chase this next time. The diet thing should be easy for me as my son is wheat and dairy allergic so I have to make separate for him, but old habits and all that....I suppose I should make more of an effort with this but with my energy at such a premium i really try to use it on other things apart from faffing about with food.
I do think the frowning and tension from the headaches is what has made the line so deep. I know I've read somewhere about botox being used for the treatment of consistent headaches but I would need to research it more.

Oh my you have been through the wars.

Defo do as much research as poss. So long as you get a practitioner that knows there stuff and has a lot of experience then go for it. xx

I've had botox twice now in the exact same place you are on about, at first it was to get rid of the line but found my headaches went as I constantly squint even with a tiny bit of sun. The second time was for my headaches as it was well worth the money to be headache free fro 8 months.
I get mine done at the dentist, they know everything there is to know about your facial muscles.
Don't just go for the cheapest, ask questions, how long they have been doing it etc.

From your picture I cant really see that well but I am geussing your talking abot you frown line. There is a very reputable Doctor called Catherine Long from who has a company called KL Cosmetics in Glasgow that we use regulary and shes fantastic. She charges £180 for 1 area, £240 for two areas

Rhonda

I'm gutted that Botox didnt work for me. I had it done at a reputable clinic in London in 2006 for exactly the problem you've described, a deep frown line. In fact I even went back a week after initially having it for a 'top up' as they said they may not have given me enough and still it didnt work.. I could still frown and move my forehead. I've never come across anyone else who's had the same experience as me... so, 3 years later, i'm still frowning and i'm still gutted!

Selina xx

Latest posts

Back