New business help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess88

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have just opened my nail room this week took 2 bookings for next week and had 3 clients in on Wednesday but since then i've just been sat around in my room, I have done my website and facebook, been through the list of free onine listings, put price lists in window, next to hair stations and in other local businesses, just want to know if there is anything I can do while im just hanging around my room I just feel like wasted time sat around doing nothing, but I cant think of anything else I can do, is it just a waiting game and hope the few people I have done gets round??

Any advice will be appreciated x

Have you tried google Adwords? X

I registered with google and im waiting for a pin in the post t activate it, is that the same thing, where it puts you on the map or is adwords something you pay for?

Hi Jess88
If I'm ever stuck twiddling my thumbs I end up doing colour pos and uploading them onto Facebook
It's surprising the comments, likes etc that you can gain just from this
I hate times like this, it'll pass, just keep plugging away, you'll get there
I've been open 18 months and just finally getting to the point where I'm turning people away
Sarah :) x

That'll colour pops!

Hi Jess88
If I'm ever stuck twiddling my thumbs I end up doing colour pos and uploading them onto Facebook
It's surprising the comments, likes etc that you can gain just from this
I hate times like this, it'll pass, just keep plugging away, you'll get there
I've been open 18 months and just finally getting to the point where I'm turning people away
Sarah :) x

I hope i get busy soon its so depressing spending full days with nobody in, I know I have only been here a week but its still getting me down

I think nail art is the only thing keeping my sane! will start uploading them to facebook.

No what you've done so far is the Normal google map thing. Adwords is where your listing will appear right at the top of google (usually in the yellow colored box) you do have to pay per 'click' on your site but you can cap it. For example you pay 11p per click but you only want to spend £20 per month, once you've reached this amount your website won't show in this area until the following month. I think you can pay daily also?
You select words that people search for that can bring up your business and you can choose the radius in which it shows xx

Google often send vouchers for this too so once your maps is activated they'll have your address details and may send you a voucher in the post :)

Hi

How do you know which words to use? Would it be a case of "eyelash extensions in Stoke" ?

Sorry if I sound dumb! lol

Hi Jess,

Can people actually find you on the Google search results? Many people have lovely looking websites but no one can find them when they search on Google! I have not paid for Google adwords but I come up in the normal search results on page 1 of Google usually position 1,2 or 3.

PM me. I can take a look at your site and give you some pointers :)

Cathy

Yeah type in all words that you want to bring you up when people are googling. There's probably a tutorial on YouTube for Adwords so maybe have a look so you know exactly what you can get for your money xx

Hiya, are you working within a hair salon? I have just started renting my room too, I set up four weeks ago and am in the same position of getting word out there etc xx

Do free hand massages for the hair clients while they are getting there hair done builds rapour and still networking as ppl talk :)

Lots of ppl will probably jump in n say don't de-value yourself here, but when I first opened I did a month of all treatments half price.... People went crazy for it, I was fully booked and it got loads of ppl trying me out, and even when it went back to full price I stayed busy because ppl needed their nails re-doing, their waxing re-doing, all the maintenance needs keeping up with so they will keep coming back, just make sure you do an amazing job first time round. It really worked for me, I'm really busy now. Good luck Hun xx

I had a phone call today about paying £10 per week to go on these screens that are in various stores in the area, has anyone ever seen or heard about these?

No No No!
Don't do it, or any calendars, wall planners etc - most of them are scams!

No No No!
Don't do it, or any calendars, wall planners etc - most of them are scams!

since putting my free listings on i've had quite a few phone calls about paying for a listing, i've not gone with any so far, do you think any of them are worth paying for or just keep with the free ones?

If your in a hair salon offer a free file and polish when the clients hair colour/highlights developing that way you can sell yourself and build up a rap ore with the clients...also you look busy....instead of sitting around looking board stiff.
Get out on salon floor and sell yourself .
Good luck.x

Latest posts

Back